x
Beta Member

I suspect an employee has been taking cash and not closing the sale

I just had a customer ask for a receipt on their cash sale after they finished their meal.  When we went to look it up, it was not to be found.  Apparently our employee has been taking cash from customers and pocketing it and not completing the sale and "adjusting" the items for the next customer sale.  I would like to try and find sales that were started but not closed or with a ton of edits?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Unfortunately I don't think this is available but I do think it would be awesome to see this added to the activity log @isabelle  can you tag the right people?

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @440burrito 

I am sorry to hear about this experience. 

The closest feature or utility I can suggest is the Activity Log in your Square Dashboard. This tool can show you when transactions were voided, comped, discounted, etc and by which Team Member/Employee.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

it wouldn't show though if the transaction wasn't completed, which sounds like this is the case.

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

You're right @alexandriak If the employee just removed the items and exited out of the sale then we would not have a way of tracking that because the transaction remained local.  

While this doesn't solve your issue, one thing you can definitely do @440burrito is removing the ability for employees to cancel transactions.

This will bring up a passcode screen whenever they want to exit from the current sale.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5