x
Beta Member

I want to clean up my Items (product skus) that I am not using anymore.

Background info -  I am a school, I offer courses... every time I have a new course, I make a new sku for it so the dates and times show up on the invoice for my clients.

I would like to delete some of those old skus now, does that affect anything in my system... ie: Completed invoices, Outstanding invoices?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @TreadzDA,

The good news is that you can't delete transaction history via Square so you should be pretty safe here - your completed invoices and outstanding invoices will definitely not disappear.

If you're deleting items or changing the SKU within an item though, once the change has been made you won't be able to view the old item in the item listing or SKU in the SKU field of a given item.

Hope this makes sense - let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @TreadzDA,

The good news is that you can't delete transaction history via Square so you should be pretty safe here - your completed invoices and outstanding invoices will definitely not disappear.

If you're deleting items or changing the SKU within an item though, once the change has been made you won't be able to view the old item in the item listing or SKU in the SKU field of a given item.

Hope this makes sense - let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2