x

INVOICE PAYMENT MILESTONES GONE?

Did SQUARE seriously take away the ability to set up payment milestones for invoices (aka progressive invoices) and now made it an additional $20 p/month subscription?  What the heck square!!??  First square installments goes away, but we could do progressive invoices.  Now we have to pay extra per month to do that ON TOP OF the fee you take on those payments?  That's insane!

This may be the straw to break the camels back.  I think it's time to start looking for another CC/payment processing service.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hey @rivas8409 

Sorry to see that you are upset with the events of Invoices.  There is no sugar coating it, unfortunately this is the cost of doing business.

If you use the payment schedule that frequently, the $20 cost per month should pay for itself and then some each month I would assume.

Would using the recurring invoice be something that you could implement instead of the payment schedule feature? This would save you the $20 monthly fee, and may be a solution that you can implement into your business?

I just started using Square some months prior to installments going away. It was a bummer, as I was looking forward to begin offering it myself.  On that note, in case you missed it, Square did however acquire AfterPay in August and *hopefully* this will be implemented before the years end for us!

Rising costs for things like services, shipping, COG's etc can certainly put a wrench in things, for us small business owners, but well we are here to succeed and we always find a way to overcome these predicaments. 

Hope to see you stick around, and maybe we can figure out some workarounds for you that can help you out.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 5

My gripe is that progressive invoices were a feature asked for by customers and finally delivered by Square as just that...a feature within invoices.  There was no extra charge other than the fees. Now they took it away and basically said, "Yeah, this feature you asked for that was included, we're going to charge you a monthly subscription for it instead."  Trying to figure out workarounds is not the answer.  We shouldn't have to figure out workarounds for features that we had that now Square wants a monthly subscription for.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @rivas8409 👋

I have passed this feedback over to our Invoices product team. I wanted to share this page with more information on the new Invoices Plus service for better visibility.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

I agree, I will be moving too, it's been a good run but this is ridiculous! I have been looking for 20 minutes just knowing I was doing something wrong.... "cost of business?" yeah we know where the money goes and it isn't staying here with us... smh

Message 5 of 5