x

What stand can I use for the iPad Pro 12.9"?

What Square stand will fit the newest ipad pro with the largest (12.9" I believe) screen?  I am not familiar with all of the ipad model numbers.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

the square stand only fits the iPad Pro 9.7", not the new iPad Pro 10.5" or the iPad Pro 12.9".  It fits the iPad (2017) ($329 new model), iPad Pro 9.7”, iPad Air 2, and iPad Air. https://squareup.com/shop/hardware/us/en/products/ipad-pos-stand-credit-card-reader

Message 2 of 8
Alumni

Hey @Cattleman - it's true, the Square Stand only fits the models that @VanKalkerFarms detailed. 

You can still use the iPad Pro 12.9" with Square Point of Sale. The Heckler @Rest Universal Stand will be the stand to go with for this iPad model. 👍

Message 3 of 8

Thank you both.

Message 4 of 8

Hoping Square will manufacture a stand that works with the original Ipad Pro 12.3.  What's the chances? Pretty Please.

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Hey there @encore_kids

I merged your post to this thread where another seller was also looking for a stand compatible with this iPad model. We don't have a Square Stand that fits this model, but you can use a third party stand like the Heckler @Rest Universal Stand

Message 6 of 8

I've had an iPad mini for years and have been contemplating upsizing for at least a year now. However I didn't just one a bigger iPad, I wanted a better iPad. I'd decided I was going to get the iPad pro 9.7", then this year iPad comes out with a 10.5" with better specs. Why apple? Ugh. Does anyone know if there will be a stand in the future for anything other than the 9.7" iPads ?

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Hey @Tinykay1 - Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA on if or when we might have a stand that is compatible for other iPad sizes at this time. We will make sure to announce any updates regarding it as we hear of them.

After speaking at length with Apple employees while deciding on my own purchases, a lot of them agree that the newest thing isn't always necessary dependent on what you're using it for. I learned from them that sometimes a different model that's missing a couple of bells and whistles isn't even noticeable unless the work you're doing on it calls for it. With that said, if you're only planning to use the iPad for Square then the Pro 9.7" should work perfectly for your needs. But of course, that's completely up to you! 👍🏼

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 8 of 8