x

If I deactivate my Square account, will I be able to reactivate if it is necessary?

I

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hi @cleanlady007

It could be possible to deactivate your account and sign up again in the future, but I am not sure why you would deactivate if you might need it again. 

Can you share why you would need to deactivate and reactivate your account? 

Message 2 of 9

Hi Russell- Thanks for responding. One of my clients had a breach and I thought it best to start from the beginning, all fresh. I have a private cleaning service and very few of my clients use the card option for payment.

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

I'm sorry to hear this. It sounds like one of your clients had their personal information compromised unrelated to Square. 

We monitor every transaction and we are continuously innovating fraud prevention. We take protecting your data seriously. Deactivating and reactivating your account would not change the security we offer when handling sensitive information. 

If you are concerned about the security of your account, I recommend that you enable 2-step verification

I hope this helps to clear things up. 

Message 4 of 9

How?

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

Hey @Paul1231 - If you've deactivated your own account and need to reactivate it, you would need to reach out to our Support team directly.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 9

if I deactivate my account, can I create a new one with the same email?

Message 7 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @cfmm, In this case, you will need to use a new email if you are interested in opening a new Square account. 

Hope this helps! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for responding 🙂

Message 9 of 9