x
Beta Member

Import and Export Modifier Sets

This seems like a no-brainer for the following reasons:

1. backing up modifiers in case the items and modifiers are lost or changed by accident.

2.  Historical data: keeping a record of changes made to items and modifiers.

3.  Customer Ease of use:  Bulk updating modifier prices when doing bulk price increases, now you have to update each modifier individually which takes a lot of time if you have large modifier sets. 

4. Exporting modifier sets to another account or store.  

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

What is a way back up my modifier's list? No option to export modifiers to excel sheet...

Message 2 of 8
Admin

Hello @Gleb_Florida! Regrettably, this is a feature request at the moment. I moved your question here for the sake of tracking purposes. We'll keep pushing this feedback up as we receive it. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 8

This message is for the SQAURE DEVELOPMENT TEAM

Personally, I would appreciate Square not blowing smoke up our (you know what)  by saying this is currently a "feature request".

You folks have know about this issue for AT LEAST TWO YEARS if not longer!

The simple truth is, Square Product Development has not taken the time to create this SIMPLE feature!

When will Square Management & Dev's get off their (you know what's) and start working on REAL PROBLEMS instead of putting efforts into marketing?

Square's product engineering is some of the worst I have seen for a company with product this ubiquitous.

Exporting and importing items to and from a database is not that difficult.

Please add this ASAP.

Message 4 of 8

its been almost two years and no response, no update, no nothing. can we PLEASE get these features, i set square up and manage it for over 30 clients, they all complain about this, I lost two of them to another platform because it DOES this functionality automatically.

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @styleclickmedia  

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature. To make this request official I will go ahead and recommend you submit this as a feature request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

Agreed,  seems like basic functionality.  backing up, import-export,  change audit logs, etc. (though I would drop the colorful language as I don't think that is helpful)

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

Ditto that. From my encounters, basic functionalities missing from Square are:

• Export/import modifier list to CSV or Excel
  • Sorting modifiers in an item - choosing the type of "bread" for a sandwich should be the first modifier choice instead of "additions"
  • On the Square Register customer facing display, show modifiers in a list format under that item instead of a run-on sentence
  • On the Square Register customer facing display, option to hide modifier prices for a selected item
  • Many more missing basics I cannot list at the moment.

Honestly, if I was in a leadership role or developer at Square, I would be embarrassed to hear basic functionalities are missing from the system. Its like having a new car with manual rollup windows. It would be terrible if this became public knowledge.

Message 8 of 8