x

Improvements to the new Sales Report

really?  this is an improvement?  based on what feedback?  i own and run a food truck in LA, and i need to be able to see what we did on one particular shift.  why does the new system not default to the current time as the end time and instead has some arbitrary end time? 

also, why did you think it was smart to turn off the details and make me have to turn them back on?  i want to see what the workers are getting in tips.  now i have to hit a few places to make that happen whereas before it was right there.

this is a classic example of a bunch of coders and developers sitting in an office thinking what might work better instead of actually being a real user in real life.

totally not thought out and stupid.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Thank you for your post @thefixonwheels. I'm really sorry to hear this update has disrupted your normal workflow. New features are tested thoroughly before they are rolled out but I'm sorry the change was unexpected and isn't what you were looking for. 

I moved your post to a new thread so we can track your feedback and share it with the Reports team. It sounds like the arbitray time you're referring is when you go to the report settings and toggle All Day off - the time that automatically displays up is 8am to 6pm. Is that what you're seeing? This is great feedback for the team but correct me if I've misunderstoood.

Also, when you select 'Show details' I believe that setting should save even if you navigate arround to other sections of the app. If that's not happening can you let me know here? 

Again I really appreciate your feedback, it'll help us to continue to improve this report! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 3

The issue is that we cannot define how we want to see this as a default setting.  You changed the location of everything and the arbitrary time for custom time/date settings without informing us, and without allowing us to keep it the way it was.

I understand WHERE to find it.  I'm not stupid.  I just hate the new layout and so do many of the people.

Seriously, how do you figure that knowing the top five selling items is more important than the details of discounts, tips, etc.?  That's classic programmer-thinks-he/she-knows-better-than-the-user-in-the-field thinking.

I know intuitively what is selling and what isn't.  What I don't know off the top of my head is how our total sales are, broken down by discounts and tips.

Message 3 of 3