x
Wyeth Square

Increase store traffic and sales with Buy One Get One Discounts!

We are excited to announce Buy One, Get One discounts. You can now create discounts like buy one, get one 50% off, where a customer can buy a specified quantity of an item or category and receive a discount on additions of the same or a different item.

To set up a buy one, get one discount on your account: 

1. Visit Items > Discounts in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create a Discount.
  3. Toggle on Auto Apply to Items and Categories.
  4. Choose the Quantity option.
  5. Setup your Discount Rules. There are three options for quantity discounts — select Buy One, Get One.
  6. Add the required quantity, as well as the items or categories that will trigger the discount. 
  7. Add the quantity and items or categories where the discount will be applied.
  8. Save your new discount.  

When a customer buys a specified quantity of an item or category, a discount will apply towards additions of the same item or towards different item(s) added to the cart. For example, you can create a buy one, get one discount so when a customer purchases 2 hats, they’ll receive 50% discount on a scarf. 

Buy One, Get One Free

If you’d like to set up a buy one, get one free discount, simply set the discount percentage amount to 100%. When qualifying items are added to an order, your discount will automatically apply. 

Combine Rules and Quantity Discounts

Running a sale? Scheduling rules can be used alongside quantity rules. If you want to be able to set and forget an upcoming sale event or a recurring weekly special, you can create a recurring or limited time discount.

bogo gif.gif

For more information, check out Discounts FAQ and how to create and manage discounts

Message 1 of 5
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Increase store traffic and sales with Buy One Get One Discounts!

We are excited to announce Buy One, Get One discounts. You can now create discounts like buy one, get one 50% off, where a customer can buy a specified quantity of an item or category and receive a discount on additions of the same or a different item.

To set up a buy one, get one discount on your account: 

1. Visit Items > Discounts in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create a Discount.
  3. Toggle on Auto Apply to Items and Categories.
  4. Choose the Quantity option.
  5. Setup your Discount Rules. There are three options for quantity discounts — select Buy One, Get One.
  6. Add the required quantity, as well as the items or categories that will trigger the discount. 
  7. Add the quantity and items or categories where the discount will be applied.
  8. Save your new discount.  

When a customer buys a specified quantity of an item or category, a discount will apply towards additions of the same item or towards different item(s) added to the cart. For example, you can create a buy one, get one discount so when a customer purchases 2 hats, they’ll receive 50% discount on a scarf. 

Buy One, Get One Free

If you’d like to set up a buy one, get one free discount, simply set the discount percentage amount to 100%. When qualifying items are added to an order, your discount will automatically apply. 

Combine Rules and Quantity Discounts

Running a sale? Scheduling rules can be used alongside quantity rules. If you want to be able to set and forget an upcoming sale event or a recurring weekly special, you can create a recurring or limited time discount.

bogo gif.gif

For more information, check out Discounts FAQ and how to create and manage discounts

4 REPLIES 4
KayRey17

BOGO Coupon Online Store

Hi there! I am looking to set up a BOGO 50% off coupon to my online store for this weekend's sales but I can not figure out how to apply the 50% to just 1 item. All answers would be appreciated 😄

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Re: BOGO Coupon Online Store

Hi @KayRey17!

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community on how to set up BOGO discounts.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 5
Liba

BOGO marketing campaign - Is there a way?

I assumed I'd be able to create a buy one, get one free campaign - for tomorrow (gulp) - easily through a Marketing campaign on two different entrees, but it doesn't look like there's capability.

Am I missing something?

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Re: BOGO marketing campaign - Is there a way?

Hi @Liba!

I moved your post to a relevant thread in the Community on how to set up BOGO discounts.

Hope this helps! Check out the step by step instructions above. 

Message 5 of 5