x

Instant Digital Download

When will Square have instant digital download capabilities?  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @Neat2MeetArt,

I'm not sure on Square's timeframe, but no doubt they'll have it soon.

I thought I'd share a tip (how I would personally approach it as a workaround). 

Using something like Microsoft Power Automate (included in most Microsoft 365 business plans), you could setup an automation to do this for you.

For example the trigger could be the sales email coming into a folder in your mailbox (would ideally be Microsoft 365 email), could then trigger a new email to be created with the link pre-written into the body of the email, and send it for you.

M365 plans start at around $17AUD per month. Power Automate is fairly easy to use if you're confident with basic automation principles. You can pretty much Google any type of thing you're trying to do and there will be forums / videos of people showing how to do it.  

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square AppointmentsSquare POSSquare OnlineSquare ReaderSquare Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by AmakaPrintful / We have used Squarespace • Shopify • WooCommerce • QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @Neat2MeetArt,

I'm not sure on Square's timeframe, but no doubt they'll have it soon.

I thought I'd share a tip (how I would personally approach it as a workaround). 

Using something like Microsoft Power Automate (included in most Microsoft 365 business plans), you could setup an automation to do this for you.

For example the trigger could be the sales email coming into a folder in your mailbox (would ideally be Microsoft 365 email), could then trigger a new email to be created with the link pre-written into the body of the email, and send it for you.

M365 plans start at around $17AUD per month. Power Automate is fairly easy to use if you're confident with basic automation principles. You can pretty much Google any type of thing you're trying to do and there will be forums / videos of people showing how to do it.  

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square AppointmentsSquare POSSquare OnlineSquare ReaderSquare Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by AmakaPrintful / We have used Squarespace • Shopify • WooCommerce • QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

I am currently doing this with GMAIL. The problem is the generic reply; when selling a ticket you want to have a unique transaction number assigned to each purchase.

Message 3 of 5

I've been waiting on this "coming soon" feature since 2017. I too have been selling my digital download items on Etsy. I was told in 2017 that the instant download feature was in development. I really would appreciate a release date on this "coming soon" feature because I am tire of waiting and am about to bail and go to Shopify.

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

I am doing the same. I would like to take some of my business off Etsy to increase my margins - Etsy is taking like 12% right now. Have you explored Zapier and setting up the automation that way?

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 5 of 5