x

International Acounts: Can I accept card payments in Sweden?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: International Acounts: 

Hello! I currently live in the U.S. and have a square card account. 

I am moving to Sweden in the next two weeks and was still hoping to use my square reader with sales over there. I will be getting a swedish bank account, etc. 

If I set-up my account and connect it to my new Swedish bank account, can I take transactions over there? Or is it only supported in the U.S.? 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

your account will only work in the United States.  currently there is no Square service in Sweden so you would have to find a local processor to handle transactions there.  Square is available in some countries internationaly tough.  you can see here if they add any more countries.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/4956-international-availability

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

your account will only work in the United States.  currently there is no Square service in Sweden so you would have to find a local processor to handle transactions there.  Square is available in some countries internationaly tough.  you can see here if they add any more countries.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/4956-international-availability

Message 2 of 4

I've been using square terminal in the USA for many months and now I'm going to travel to Ecuador for business. Can I use square terminal in as a Merchant Account in Ecuador? I mean just like the VeriFone VX520 Credit Card Reader?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @robertocarlox 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us here.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding using Square in international markets. This will help us for record keeping purposes.

Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom. We currently don’t support payment card processing outside of these countries or in U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Northern Mariana Islands. Currently processing availability for Ecuador would be considered a Feature Request

Let me know if you have any clarifying questions! We are here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4