x

International Availability of Square Online

A lot of services are only allowed in the US. I have no way of registering a Swiss Account and start building a website for our food coop. I have been following Square already for over 4 years when you announced UK, yet there seems to be no progress made here? 

There is a huge feature parity. Is this all because you cannot accept credit cards yet?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @mklarmann-s,

Thanks for reaching out.

You're correct in noting that Square Online availability is tied to Square payment processing availability. Products such as Square Online, Appointments and Square for Restaurants are all designed as products to be used in conjunction with using Square payments, so their availability does depends on the availability of payment processing. At the moment the countries we have an official presence in, and card processing availability, are the US, Canada, Japan, Australia and the UK.

Even then, not every country that can use Square payments has every Square product available - each one needs time and resources to localise for a different market.

On a global level we provide a free version of our classic Point of Sale app in most countries, that can be used as a tool to help run your business. Unfortunately though, none of the other products we make have global versions available at the moment, including Square Online. You can get a similar product in Weebly, who build Square Online, or you'd need to go a different web store provider for now.

Hopefully we can expand into new territories in the future, though at the moment we don't have an ETAs on if or when we may launch in a given country.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I hope this provides a bit more context though!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @mklarmann-s,

Thanks for reaching out.

You're correct in noting that Square Online availability is tied to Square payment processing availability. Products such as Square Online, Appointments and Square for Restaurants are all designed as products to be used in conjunction with using Square payments, so their availability does depends on the availability of payment processing. At the moment the countries we have an official presence in, and card processing availability, are the US, Canada, Japan, Australia and the UK.

Even then, not every country that can use Square payments has every Square product available - each one needs time and resources to localise for a different market.

On a global level we provide a free version of our classic Point of Sale app in most countries, that can be used as a tool to help run your business. Unfortunately though, none of the other products we make have global versions available at the moment, including Square Online. You can get a similar product in Weebly, who build Square Online, or you'd need to go a different web store provider for now.

Hopefully we can expand into new territories in the future, though at the moment we don't have an ETAs on if or when we may launch in a given country.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I hope this provides a bit more context though!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 4

Hello. Can I connect a third party payment processor to Square shop? It seems that Square processing isn't available in my region, I like the functionality of the shop, it suits my products - but I also need card processing for online orders.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @smrcha,

Thanks for reaching out.

I've moved your message to this existing thread - unfortunately at the moment Square Online as a platform is only available in countries where we are able to offer payment processing.

Sorry we can't be of more help here! For now you'd need to look at a different online store provider.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 4