x

International Payment Processing

international processing needs attention

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@COLOMBIANGOLD what you are running into is restrictions on access depending on your country of origin.  A person in Colombia can pay you in America and then you ship them something.  But once you start taking the payments in the country, while you are in the country, from someone in the country, you are no longer doing business in the US (I think this is why there was advice to open a 2nd account for that country).

Unfortunately, Colombia is not currently supported for payments in that country.

"Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, France and Spain. "

I think you will have to find a different payment processor to do business in that country, however, you can send payment links from your US account to anyone via e-mail, but there is no in person payment option and all the payments would be done by the customer online as an international customer.  I am not getting into the legalities, but I have a feeling even this type of work around might violate the Terms of Service, so I don't know if I recommend it.  I have seen a customer use this on vacation to send a link while they were out of the country to a customer in the US, but never in this situation.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2