x

Inventory Search: Is there anyway to do a keyword search for the description section?

Is there anyway to do a Keyword search for the Description section? I have tried doing it in the Item search area and it will not do the Description field, just main headers.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

You are correct, you can only search by the item name.  

Message 2 of 6

Reviving this old thread to see if this can be added as a feature request? It would make finding items by manual search much easier, esp. considering we have nearly 1,000 items!
Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hello @randalstroup! The answer here depends on where you're searching.

• If you're searching from your online Square Dashboard item descriptions are included in the search.
  • However, if you're searching in the Point of Sale app item descriptions are not included in the search (when you tap Items > All Items > Search).

I take it you're using the app or a Point of Sale to search for items with specific descriptions? Can you let me know a bit more about why you need to search descriptions so I can share this feature request for you? Thanks!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

it's not only descriptions, but also names of variations. there are various reasons to be able to call up variations/descriptions, especially when the barcodes don't scan correctly and you have to search for an item. Not everyone searches in the same way/manner, and it seems like it should be a relatively easy tweak in the code to accomplish a much more powerful result in the tool's functionality.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

I hear what you're saying, thank you for the insights! We'll let you know here if any changes are made to search from the app or Dashooard. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 6