x

Invoice Calculation Issue

The invoice system is not calculating correctly and the the support team does not want to open up a trouble ticket. It was really a simple calculation error in the system. So the total amount owed was $459. The first deposit was paid electronically of $229.50 (great that worked). Then I received a check from the CEO, deposited that check in the bank and was just getting ready to reflect this check payment received when the event coordinator also paid electronically the balance of $229.50. So we processed the refund which should at this point show a balance due. The support team basically said that even though the amount does not add up to the balance owed at this point the system is not smart enough to calculate that a balance is still remaining and it is locked. And that they cannot unlock it so I could then reflect another payment by the check received. The support team wants me to create a fake invoice to reflect that. That is not reality in a business world (the system should be able to calculate something so simple). 

How do we get these kinds of glitches fixed so that it accurately reflects what is truly happening? 

OR has someone used another system for invoicing that works better than square? The one advantage square has so far is varying tax details based on the products being sold. Thoughts? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@stephdale I know an invoice is pretty much dead once it is closed out by payment.  For accounting purposes, security, and record keeping, transactions with credit cards can't be edited like you would some items in the system.  I think these restrictions have more to do with the credit card processing than the invoicing system.  It is similar to trying open a check up after you have closed it.

From a business standpoint, we do all kinds of things like running another ticket to account for the check.  I always enter my checks into the pos before they ever go to the bank.  You could have refunded the check also instead of the CC transaction, but I **bleep**ume since the CC payment was in error on the customers part you chose that way.  I would just do the reinvoice and note that the invoice is for "record keeping only" and payment is reflected for "original invoice #XXX-XXX" etc.  You still have your paper trail.  I realize it is frustrating for something like this, but square invoices has worked great for me and you can't beat the price considering any other invoice software will cost money to use and may not include the processing and consolidated reporting.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2