x

Invoice format change causing 2 page invoices

Recently the invoice format changed for the worst. It appears the font size went up, as well as now showing the single unit cost underneath each item. The latter of those changes would be an improvement, if this info was displayed in line with the item (like every other invoice I've ever seen) instead of underneath, creating a longer invoice for no reason. These changes have now caused most of my invoices to be 2 pages, with almost all info on the first page, and only my business info on the second, including my HST number. Not only is this a terrible waste of paper when printing them for my own records, but it looks terribly unprofessional for my customers. I have scoured my dashboard for settings to alter the appearance of the invoice but it seems only the most basic things can be changed. 

Does anyone know if there is anyway to fix this problem and ensure my invoices remain as 1 page?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Thanks for raising this @pwilliams58, I'm sorry to hear about this unexpected change! 

So I can investigate this futher can you reply here to me know what browser you use to view your Invoices? Can you also provide a screenshot of an invoice where the unit cost is showing below the item name and thus creating an extra line? 

In the meantime as you're printing the invoices for your records to save paper you could:

• use your printer settings to change the scale of the invoice so it fits on one page.
  • set the print range to print 1-1 so only the first page will be printed.
  • set your printer to print on both sides of the page 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 3

I have turned in multiple complaints about this.  The same thing is happening if I try to print my customer info.  I use this as my delivery orders and I have to manipulate every time for it to show up on one page.  By doing this it decreases everything and makes it difficult for the drivers to read. The feature that is causing the biggest issue is the appointment field (I don't need it or use it),  We should have better control over how forms and receipts are built.

Message 3 of 3