x

Undo Invoice Action - Marked invoice paid by accident

Undo Invoice Action - Marked invoice paid by accident

How do I fix this?  I accidentlly marked an invoice paid.

0 Likes
25 Comments

I already entered a new start date that would overlap the cancelled invoice.  I just want to make sure it will recreate the cancelled invoice.

Again, that you to whomever answers this.  🙂

Admin

Hey @RebeccaZ 

Welcome to the Seller Community, glad to you have you!

You're on it! If you entered a new start date for your recurring invoice, and it overlaps with the cancelled invoice, that is totally okay! The new recurring series will start up and replace the one that was accidentally canceled.  

This article goes into more detail: Resend, Edit, or Cancel Invoices

Hope that helps! 

Hello,

I love the new feature of collecting Deposit for Square Invoices however sometimes at the last minute clients decide to mail in a check. I canceled the invoice thinking I would send them a new one with the adjusted balance but didn't realize I can just Record Payment and the invoice auto-updates. Is there a way to reinstate the canceled invoice or would have to make a whole new one with the adjusted recorded payment ?

Thank you in advance!

Hello @jav

Currently you cannot reinstate a canceled invoice. There is a warning stating that this action cannot be undone before you cancel. In this case you will have to create a new invoice. 🙂

If you have any other questions, please feel free to @ mention me. 

I added a cash credit for $100 in Square Invoice by mistake. How do I remove that amount so that the customers balance is correct.

Admin

@GAphotoArt

The easiest way to do this would just be to issue a refund on a transaction. You can do so from the Transaction page, and refund to Cash. It will take the payment off that invoice and leave it with a balance due.

So I know there is no way to undue an invoice marked as paid when it wasn't, but how can I convince the recipient that it was in fact not paid.  They are arguing with me about it.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @Cbenoist1! Welcome to the Community.

You could show the recipient your Transaction history or Deposit history and show there's no deposit in there for the payment they owe.

You can also advise they check their bank statement to see it isn't on there if they haven't paid it yet. 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread:  "I credited a check payment to the wrong invoice. How do I correct my error?"

I have two invoices, one for Client A and one for Client B with similar company names. I received a check from A and accidentally credited the payment to B. I've already credited the payment to client A, but need to take it off of B's invoice due amount. What's the best way to correct my mistake? 

Alumni

@Willyb50 I moved your post here so you can see Tom's Best Answer - these are steps you'll want to follow to correct the mistake. Please let us know if you have any additional concerns or questions!