x

Is NF525 certification going to be renewed ?

Hello,

As looking for the NF525 certification (for France),

I saw that the certification has terminated in December 19, 2018.
My question is it planned to be renewed ? Or not at all ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

@Tom, can you loop in an answer here?  all the old discussions link to forum posts that are no longer accessible.

Message 2 of 10
Admin

Hey @dragoncai and @VanKalkerFarms, thanks for bringing this up. Really sorry for the confusion! We're looking into this and will be back with more information as soon as possible.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 10
Admin

Update:

We had the chance to review with the appropriate team members and we have some more clarity. Unfortunately, we do not have any plans to reapply for certification in France at this time.

However, we will continue to look for opportunities to start supporting our French sellers again and will announce any updates in all our channels (e.g. Seller Community, email, and Support Center).

Apologies again for any frustration—I can definitely see how this change of course would be disruptive for the time being, but I hope it helps you make the best decision for your business. Please keep in touch and don't hesitate to let us know if any other concerns remain.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 10

Hello,

So what about the NF525 certification ?

Because we can’t use square app in France if we don’t have this certification.

Regard.

Message 5 of 10

Hi Tom,

I'm checking back in regard to certification for France (NF525). It's a huge challenge to migrate away from Square to another system. Plus, I really prefer Square! I see that many POS programs in France have opted not to do the NF525 certification but to use "auto-attestation" instead, which is acceptable to the state. Apparently this is based on the program being designed in accordance with the laws of NF525, but does not require jumping through the hoops for certification. As Square was once certified NF525, perhaps its features are still compliant and would allow for this "auto-attestation"? 

Second question: if there is no hope for any kind of compliance for France, do you happen to know which France-compliant programs are compatible with Square, for migration of product catalogue? 

Thanks so much!

Michelle

Message 6 of 10

Follow-up to my previous note: here is the info regarding the options for compliance in France.

Du côté de la « certification », il faut savoir qu’il existe plusieurs alternatives. En application du 3° bis du I de l’article 286 du CGI, le respect des conditions d’inaltérabilité, de sécurisation, de conservation et d’archivage des données peut être justifié :

• Soit par un certificat délivré par un organisme accrédité dans les conditions prévues à l’articleL. 433-4 du code de la consommation.
  • Soit par une attestation individuelle de l’éditeur du logiciel de comptabilité ou de gestion ou du système de caisse concerné, conforme à un modèle fixé par l’administration.

Lors de vos recherches, vous lirez probablement que certaines caisses sont certifiées NF525, d’autres LNE, et d’autres auto-certifiées. Cela signifie tout simplement qu’elles répondent aux normes de la loi 2018 et que cette conformité a été vérifiée soit par un organisme accrédité (AFNOR, LNE), soit que la caisse s’est mise elle même au norme et vous fournira le certificat.

Message 7 of 10

And finally, here is the official info on the "auto-attestation":

https://bofip.impots.gouv.fr/bofip/10692-PGP.html/identifiant%3DBOI-LETTRE-000242-20201230

Message 8 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi! I'm stepping in for Tom since I've come across this thread. We still don't have any plans to expand this market yet. I know that it has been patiently waited for and we are trying to expand into as many markets as possible, but we just don't have the ability to do it yet. 

I don't have any recommendations for France-compliant programs either, but perhaps others in the community will know. @Michael-NC

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 10

Thanks for the response.

Well, there are many  of us who have been happily using Square in France, and you did have NF525 compliance, so it was legal at that point. Not talking about the hardware (which has never been accepted by France) but about the software. 

There are many France-compliant programs. These include SumUp, iZettle, and others. My question is about how to migrate from Square to one of these systems that is certified in France. Trying to come up with a solution to the problem, I discovered that migrating my catalogue from Square to iZettle, for example, cannot be done automatically but must be done manually, line by line. That's a massive job. I was hoping to hear if anyone has found a more expedient solution to the problem.

I would also think it might be worth looking into the "auto-attestation" possibility, for Square.

Message 10 of 10