x

Is Square compatible with other 3rd party printers/ cash drawers?

We have a Bixolon SRP-350IIOBE printer and APG CD10164 cash drawer. Does anyone know how to connect this with Square? Is it even possible?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@AlexM555 Our hardware team works hard to make sure that a range of printers are compatible with Square, and that those printers are affordable. You're right, there's a lot more work to be done here and thanks for holding us accountable.

I'll share your post with our hardware team and if more bluetooth printers are compatible with Square this hardware compatibility article in our Support Center will be updated. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Welp. It's been 6 months and nobody has answered this questions. I'm at the same crossroads.  Hopefully there will be a solution.

Message 2 of 9
Admin

Hello, and so sorry for the delayed response!

I wanted to step in and clarify that we support a limited number of third party cash drawers and printers with Square Register.

To see the most up-to-date list, please have a look at our Support Center for Supported Hardware for iPads and Supported Hardware for Android Devices.

Unfortunately, we can't guarantee that APG CD10164 cash drawer or Bixolon SRP-350IIOBE printer will work with Square Register at this time.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction. Please keep in touch for updates, and don't hesitate to reply with any other questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 9

I will like to use the Star MPOP cash drawer/printer with square register.

Message 4 of 9
Admin

Square now supports Star Micronics mPOP printer driven cash drawer with Square Register and Android devices!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Hey @toyintakeout — thanks for getting in touch. It looks like a couple of other sellers had a similar question, and received an answer. Check out my reply for more info — hope this helps!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 9

My question is why does Square only support Star Micronics bluetooth printers and only one Epson bluetooth? It seems that you are limiting users to buying expensive printers from those companies when there are far more cheaper and more capable bluetooth thermal printers on the market that support ESC/POS print commands. It kind of smacks of favoritism. I am very surprised that Square has only supported these certain brands for as long as I’ve used the Square app. One would think that Square would upgrade its hardware support over time to include any capable bluetooth thermal ESC/POS printer that supports 58mm or 90mm paper.

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Best Answer

@AlexM555 Our hardware team works hard to make sure that a range of printers are compatible with Square, and that those printers are affordable. You're right, there's a lot more work to be done here and thanks for holding us accountable.

I'll share your post with our hardware team and if more bluetooth printers are compatible with Square this hardware compatibility article in our Support Center will be updated. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 9

Here it is three years after your post and there still hasn’t been any change in printer additions like I mentioned in my previous post. Yes, I certainly will hold you all accountable for not supporting our needs. Square could easily add these inexpensive printers to your lineup.

Message 9 of 9