x

Is anybody else having issues with barcodes being read from the CAS 5500L Series scales?

We have been trying to scan barcodes (UPC -A)  from our CAS 5500L scale and when I scan them I get the error  message "the scanned code could not be applied". I know the scale is set up correctly and I have the items set up to be done by weight in the square item menu. I do not know where the breakdown is, but I could really use guidance if you all can offer any

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @DiemandFarm

What kind of hardware are you using with your scale & barcode? Double check that everything is up to date when it comes to software too.

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

Yes there is another post about this exact topic.  Others are having problems when they scan the barcode it asks for weight, or item not found.  Barcodes are setup as UPC-A or EAN-13.  Here is a link to that post :

Having-barcode-trouble-on-square-register/m-p/353587#M35929 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for finding that post, @Candlestore! I appreciate the help with this one 🙂 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

@Kassi_   your welcome.

I knew of that post because I have been trying to help them with getting theirs to work also.  I even put in an Ideate for better videos on connecting and using Square Approved accessories that Square says works with Square.  The instructions for this online just do not seem to help and they are linked from the other feed that I mentioned previously.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 5