x

Is anyone integrating X-Cart and Square?

Wondering if anyone is successfully integrating an X-Cart based online store with Square? Specifically I'm interested in if you're able to process subscription based products through Square without having to use the X-Payments system. Also want to know if you're able to synchronize inventory management through the X-Cart store and a Square terminal in a retail location.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hello @CJC1

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community.

Happy to provide a bit more insight on this. With Square and any third party integration, all activation and set-up is handled by the API on their side. Whenever Square integrates with a third party website or platform, Square will only see the payment information being processed from the card that was used during the transaction. We do not have any visibility into the actual back-end mechanics of linking the website to our payment system.

I highly recommend contacting X-Cart for their integration processes and/or features. Another seller might pop in and express if they have had any success as well. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks Alex,

They do offer a Square add-on for checkout. But it does seem that they require an additional service to process subscription transactions in order to handle the PCI DSS requirements.

Would love to hear from any users that have integrated the two.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hey @CJC1,

Good to hear! In that case I recommend reaching out to our internal API time for any suggestions or potential clearances/codes you might need to integrate with them.

They are only available via email, but they are very fast to respond. Feel free to reach out to them here

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4