x

Is it possible to bulk edit item type?

Good Evening,

I am setting up square for online ordering as a restaurant.  Uploading csv of our menu went simple enough but all item types defaulted to physical item rather than food and beverage.  Is there a way to set the default item type when you upload items?  Or is it possible to change the type in bulk?  There seems to be no way to do this that I have found.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @JonHam! Welcome to the Seller Community!! Right now, the only way to make a bulk edit is through import/export of your CSV like you explained.

When you say everything imported as a physical item, are you meaning the category? 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hey @AshleyK , When I say everything is imported as a physical item I am talking about the item type.  When I go to the square.online item library each item is a physical item and I have to go in and edit each item one by one.  This Item Library also has different field options than the item library found on the square dashboard.  So it is a little confusing and tedious for me at this time.

Message 3 of 4

Got it. I would suggest exporting your item library, adjusting the item type column, then reimporting your item library to replace your current one. Instructions can be found here.

Once you've done that, take a look here to see how those adjustments will sync over to Square Online. 

Feel free to give us a call if you're unsure about this @JonHam.

Isabelle
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4