x

Is it possible to extend the default pickup window for online orders?

Right now it looks like the default window is 14 days. However, we have always offered our online customers 30 days for pickup. I cannot find a way to change this. Even though our return and shipping policies state 30 days, the default 14 day message that Square send in the order confirmation is confusing them.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

From the Pickup Settings section of the Square Dashboard, you have the ability to adjust the "Instructions to Customers," as well as the preparation time. Feel free to include any special instructions in the "Instructions to Customers" field. They'll definitely be able to see this when their order is ready! 

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 4

Yes, we have put specific instructions in there. However, when a customer selects pick up a later date, the drop down menu only goes out 14 days. So no matter what, the register is automatically contradicting itself and what we stated in the instructions.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @toolbox, I took a look into this as well. I see what you mean: if you've enabled the "Schedule Pickup for Later" setting and your customer then chooses the "Schedule pickup for later" option from the checkout screen, the drop-down is limited to two weeks.

At this time, there isn't a way to extend the pickup window to 30 days when "Schedule Pickup for Later" is enabled. For now, what you have set up with enabling "Same-Day Pickup" and clarifying that customers have 30 days to retrieve their purchase is probably your best setup.

I'm sorry that this limitation is causing confusion. Rest assured that I'm sharing your experience with our product liaison team. Feel free to reply with any other insight, and keep in touch for updates!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4