x

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to schedule multi packs with Square Appointments?

Hoping to find some help here.  We offer a service that clients can pay for and book appointments online. Great. The problem is that there are discounted packages if multiple treatments are purchased at one time, if this option is chosen, the client is only able to schedule one appointment as opposed to multiple separate appointments for each of the treatments they purchase.  Is there a way to make this work? Thanks in advance. 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Create Recurring Invoices in the Square App

Hello @coriumesthetics!

As a workaround you could use recurrning invoices with Square Appointments for a package, and view the number of invoices remaining in the series. However, you can't images to a recurring invoice series, I'm sorry!

Another workaround is to create a single service for package deals you offer but you'd need to track the number of sessions completed manually. You could ask customers to contact you directly for packages, and then schedule each session in the package deal as a separate appointment to ensure clients are charged for each session.

I'm adding your post to this thread where other sellers are interested in using Appointments to create and manage packages. We'll update the status to give you a heads up about any developments on this feature request.

As for your question about marketing by text - you might like to subscribe to this separate thread for updates! 

Verified Answer

Re: How to schedule multi packs in appointments

Yep! While we don't have a way to automatically apply discounts when customers book more than one service, you can create bundles as individual services. For example if you are a personal trainer, you can list 5 sessions at the discounted price as one appointment. 

When your customer comes in for their first appointment, you then can manually book their next, or all upcoming, appointments through your Appointments Dashboard. In your client information section of Dashboard you have the ability to add notes and view past appointments so you can keep track of their remaining appointments even if the schedule one at a time! 

233 Comments

We are doing a website for a client who wants to use Square for tutoring appointments.

She has three packages, 1. pay for one hour, 2. silver package - 6 appointments at discounted rate and 3. gold - 9 appointments at a discounted rate.

Is it possible for her customers to purchase one of the packages and have the package be deducted/used each time they book an appointment?

Thanks

Square Community Moderator

Heya @bevisible and welcome to the Community.

The option to sell packages with Appointments is a feature request at this time as we don't currently offer a way to do so.

I'll be sure to tag your request here as well so the team knows you're another seller looking for this option.

Ditto on the package feature! I would use it for my business as well!

I found that Acuity scheduling allows clients to purchase packages, then the client is sent an email with a code number. That code number is good for the number of reservations s/he purchased. Then the person logs back in and reserves the times they want, then they use the code to check-out. You can set how long the code is good for. How far in advance they can schedule time-slots, and how far out they have to cancel/re-schedule. I was a fan of Square, but Acuity scheduling works great. And I think they're owned by Square, so they use Square for payment processing.

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice in support of this feature, @JillHayesYoga! Hopefully we will have some positive updates for you soon.

That's okay... it looks like Square bought Acuity. Maybe Square will absorb that function from Acuity in the somewhat near future. Until then, Acuity works well with Square.

Beta Member

I am a retail & Tanning Salon, along with other services. We sell packages in various ways, & I have found the services option to work thus far, However, by God's amazing grace, our Services are growing, & I too need the ability to not only sale reoccurring Membership charges (w/out invoicing & other hurdles) But I also need the ability to check clients in. We have been using a paper system, but it is getting to be too much, & not very efficient. We do not run our services on appointment only, so creating an appointment for every walk in is also time consuming.''

I'd appreciate any help, ideas, or implementations. I really do not want to switch to another processor

I want to use Square Appointments to schedule Coaching services. I want to provide discounts for clients that book multiple sessions. (i.e. 10% discount for 3 sessions or 20% discount for 6 sessions). I also would like payment before confirming appointment. 

Alumni

Sorry, discounting services when purchasing a package is a request we're currently tracking on this thread I merged you to. We'll update you all when this feature becomes available. 

@CoachHerman

I'm in a spa business and packages are very important, I would like to know how to create packages for multiple services that are prepaid and how to redeem it every visit that would help me keep track of dates and how many have been used?