x

Is it possible to use multiple square registers?

Is it possible to use multiple square registers?

I have a brick and mortar and a pop up store.

If it is possible, is it also possible to track inventory at both locations?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

We use 3 permanent registers and 2 ipad mini's for when it is extra busy at our one location.  I can't give advice on operating in multiple locations.

Message 2 of 6

I tried using two registers at an auction, but as soon as I logged in the second one, the first one disconnected.  How do I run both at the same time?

Message 3 of 6

The same thing happened to us - at our BUSIEST time - it was awful... and took us 20 mins to get it back up and running.  Our peak time we had no tracked sales... Not even the offline capablity was working. 

Message 4 of 6
Square

Dang, sorry to hear about that experience, @AnchoredIn, definitely should not be the case; likewise @BlosserCenter. 

You can have multiple registers taking payments at the same time, with all devices signed into the same account. Please contact our support team if you're still running into those issues; we'd like to know about them!

Message 5 of 6

Hi @BlosserCenter 

Is your auction a fundraising auction?  If so, I wanted to pass along some info on a recent addition to the Square App Marketplace: Bidstation for charity auctions.

It let's you use any number of devices to check in guests with a card on file so they don't need to line up to pay at checkout.  Short video clip here.

You can think of it as Register, but built for charity auctions (silent auctions). 😀

- John

Need help with a fundraising auction? Ask me!
Message 6 of 6