x

Is the Square Stand for the late model iPad Air & iPad (Apple no longer makes) being phased out?

Is the Square Stand for the late model iPad Air & iPad (Apple no longer makes) being phased out?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi @SRayVon, you may be referring to the "30-pin" connector models of iPad.  I have an old iPad 2 and an almost-as-old iPad 3 and they have the 30-pin connector.  The new Square Stand works with the "Lightning" connector, not the 30-pin connector.  The old Square Stands that work with the 30-pin connector are no longer made.  I found one on Craigslist, but since they are rare, used 30-pin Square Stands usually cost more than a new Lightning Square Stand.

I wasn't sure of your iPad model, so I may not have answered fully your question.  And what I wrote only applies to the iPad, not the iPad Air.  Here's a Square Support page that talks about iPad compatibility: Recommended Hardware for Square Stand.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Message 2 of 6

The iPad air 2 fits in the stand for the iPad air so you can use either one in that stand.

Message 3 of 6

Message 4 of 6
Alumni

The Square Stand isn't compatible with the iPad Mini. To take a look at device compatibility, visit http://square.com/compatibility

Message 5 of 6

Best Answer

Hi @SRayVon, you may be referring to the "30-pin" connector models of iPad.  I have an old iPad 2 and an almost-as-old iPad 3 and they have the 30-pin connector.  The new Square Stand works with the "Lightning" connector, not the 30-pin connector.  The old Square Stands that work with the 30-pin connector are no longer made.  I found one on Craigslist, but since they are rare, used 30-pin Square Stands usually cost more than a new Lightning Square Stand.

I wasn't sure of your iPad model, so I may not have answered fully your question.  And what I wrote only applies to the iPad, not the iPad Air.  Here's a Square Support page that talks about iPad compatibility: Recommended Hardware for Square Stand.

Message 6 of 6