x

Is there a charge when an e-gift Card is sold as well as when I process a sale using it?

Is there a charge when an e-gift Card is sold as well as when I process a sale using it?  

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

There is only a processing fee when the eGift card was sold, if purchased with a Card. If purchased with cash in store, there is no fee. And there is no fee when used for a purchase!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

There is only a processing fee when the eGift card was sold, if purchased with a Card. If purchased with cash in store, there is no fee. And there is no fee when used for a purchase!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 4

How much does it cost us as a retailer for the E-Gift card process?  the processing fee if its not cash?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@Angela86 Welcome to the Seller Community!!

With eGift cards you will pay a card-not-present processing fee of 2.9% + $.30 for cards sold online. If you sell your eGift Cards through the Square app, you’ll pay the processing rate based on our standard card processing rates:

• Swiped magstripe, inserted chip cards, or Contactless (NFC) Payments: 2.6% + 10¢
  • Manually keyed-in or card on file transactions: 3.5% + 15¢

There are no additional costs for setting up eGift Cards, and no cost to create or maintain your eGift Card ordering site.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4