x

Is there a monthly charge to use a mobile device?

My products are being sold at a small pop-up by someone not affiliated with my store. I would like them to take payments via mobile device and sign in with a device code. If I "add a device" as a phone, will I be charged the $60 monthly fee? If so, is giving them my square log-in the only way to avoid this?

I used to do farmer's markets in addition to my shop and only ever paid one fee. Is that because I was signing in with my email? I can't remember.

Can a moderator also please provide a device fee link? All of my online searches aren't turning up a thing. The only reason I know it exists is because I once created a bunch of different devices when I was having a hard time setting up the ipad for my store. Then I got a large surprise bill.  This information should not be hidden. It should at least be linked from the "fees" page.

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Hello @GLG !

First question: are you using one of the upsell products like Square for Restaurants or Square for Retail? Those are the only products that would incur monthly fees for additional systems as far as I know. (Please, mods: set me straight if I'm wrong on this one)

Any straight Point of Sale products shouldn't see an additional fee: If you download the Square POS app and log into it, you should be ok.

Remember: you can check what Square is charging you for addons on the Pricing page of your dashboard:

Web Dashboard -> Business -> Pricing and Subscriptions

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3
Alumni

Thanks for tagging us in, @ryanwanner

If you are using Square for Restaurants Plus, there is a $60 monthly fee per location, plus an additional $40 charge per added POS device - learn more about the pricing here. Square for Retail Plus will cost $60 per location, and you can learn more about that pricing here. Remember that you can always check on your current subscriptions by heading to this page of your Square Dashboard, @GLG.

We recommend getting in touch directly for clarification on pricing, as many subscription pricing tiers are related to number of locations, devices, etc - these are all account-specifics that we would need to have access to in order to speak directly to any charge you may be seeing. You can reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3