x

Is there a new style of card reader in the works?

Is there a new style/version of card reader in the works?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @KellyJohnson!

From what I have seen Square announce in recent months, it doesn't appear as though there is currently a new card reader design being developed... If you have any features or products you'd like for Square to create, you can post a simple feature request right here in the community and square can acknowledge and develop features and products that they think sound great! 

Hope this could help, if I answered your question please mark this as best answer to help others in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @KellyJohnson!

From what I have seen Square announce in recent months, it doesn't appear as though there is currently a new card reader design being developed... If you have any features or products you'd like for Square to create, you can post a simple feature request right here in the community and square can acknowledge and develop features and products that they think sound great! 

Hope this could help, if I answered your question please mark this as best answer to help others in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

What would you be looking for in a new version?  The current contactless chip reader is awesome and a steal at $49.  There aren't any payment technologies missing from it that I am aware of besides the now on the brink of extinction mag stripe.  Mag stripe will be phased out in the next 6 years by CC companies.

Message 3 of 4

I just don't want to buy another contactless chip reader and get an email a month later touting a "new, improved" reader available. 

Message 4 of 4