x

Is there a service term commitment for Payroll, or can you cancel at any time without penalty?

Is there a service term commitment for Payroll, or can you cancel at any time without penalty? I'm interested in the payroll services, but I go months at a time without employees so I want to know if I can cancel and sign up again later without penalty.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@jencrowestudio - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos on your first post! 👏

As for your question, of course you can cancel your Square Payroll subscription at any time with out any sort of penalties. Having said that, if you do terminate your account, in order to process another payroll run in the future, you would have to create a new account (using a different email address). We don't currently offer the option to re-activate an account. Alternatively, you could continue to pay the $25.00 a month to keep your account active if you didn't want to have to go through putting an account together again. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Best Answer

@jencrowestudio - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos on your first post! 👏

As for your question, of course you can cancel your Square Payroll subscription at any time with out any sort of penalties. Having said that, if you do terminate your account, in order to process another payroll run in the future, you would have to create a new account (using a different email address). We don't currently offer the option to re-activate an account. Alternatively, you could continue to pay the $25.00 a month to keep your account active if you didn't want to have to go through putting an account together again. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 5

This is great Sean, thank you! If you do cancel and sign up again later with a different email address, does that email just change for Payroll or does it affect your entire Square account?

Message 3 of 5
Square

@jencrowestudio - You can still use your old account for Square Point of Sale purposes. For that Square Point of Sale account, you'll still see the original subscription details, you just won't be able to run new payrolls using that account. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 5

Hello.  I see that this thread is from 2016.  Has Square figured out a way to either pause a payroll account or reactivate it using the same email address?  I ask because we have a similar situation.  We are a seasonal business that won't have employees December through March.  

Message 5 of 5