x
Beta Member

Is there a way I could track and report sales that would attract VAT - but I'm not VAT registered

In my business I sell a mixture of taxable and exempt items. According to UK tax law, I need to register for VAT once my VAT taxable turnover reaches the threshold.

I would like a way to tag items that would be VAT taxable for reporting, so I can run a sales report showing what my VAT taxable turnover is over a specific period, to know when I should register.

I've done some initial experimenting with creating a Modifier called VAT taxable, which I hide from the customer on receipts and which is auto selected. However, I can't display Item sales by which ones belong to a Modifier set. And the Modifier Sales report doesn't apply.

Is there a way to assign #tags to items that I could then use in reports?

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @the-refill-lady, thank you for your post! I've played around with this on my end but it doesn't look like there's a straightforward way to do this at the moment.

One workaround would be to generate a Modifier Sales report and display it by item. This will then show you all the the different items that have the modifier applied to it.

ink (70).png

Based on this, you can then generate an Item Sales reports that included only those specific items. You can do this by select Filter By Item when creating your Item Sales report. 

ink (71).png

Another workaround is to expert the Items Detail CSV from the Transactions. This will give you which items have modifiers applied to it and how much the sale was. With this, you'd need to manually filter the column within Excel however. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I think modifiers need to be accessible in the custom reports, I have not been with Square very long and our stock checker came for the first time since we have had it. He has found it difficult to complete his report with whats available compared to other EPOS solutions.

If there is anyone or any thread that might give me additional info that could help him I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Message 3 of 3