x
Highlighted
savagedesigns

Is there a way to add Square payments to my website (site isn't through square)?

I currently have a website and to process all my online payments I have to use PayPal. Then I use Square in my shop for customers who use their cards. I would like to use square for everything because they are cheaper than PayPal, plus I would like to have all my credit card payments in one place for my sanity. So is there any way to add Square to my website. If it matters I use Wix to host my website. 

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 43
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: Is there a way to add Square payments to my website (site isn't through square)?

Best Answer

Sorry for the delay here! I'm more than happy to follow up with more details on this subject.

To get started, Square has an existing payment partnership with Weebly, BigCommerce, and Ecwid. If you build your online store with any of these Ecommerce platforms, you can choose us as your payment processor. For other web building platforms, like Wix or Squarespace, you wouldn't be able to use Square for the time being, as we haven't developed a universal payment gateway plug in...yet. 

You can also just copy and paste your Square Online Store URL directly onto your website, for a simple click for your customers. 

If you work with a web developer to build your site from the ground up, we do have a eCommerce API available. For more details on this API, you will want to check out our developer center.

Hope this helps! 

Message 4 of 43
42 Replies
dannyseno1

Re: Is there a way to add Square payments to my website (site isn't through square)?

That is my issue, have you been able to use square to process payments as your merchant account as of yet??

Message 2 of 43
mahlon

I'm trying to find out the same thing. 

Message 3 of 43
Admin

Best Answer

Sorry for the delay here! I'm more than happy to follow up with more details on this subject.

To get started, Square has an existing payment partnership with Weebly, BigCommerce, and Ecwid. If you build your online store with any of these Ecommerce platforms, you can choose us as your payment processor. For other web building platforms, like Wix or Squarespace, you wouldn't be able to use Square for the time being, as we haven't developed a universal payment gateway plug in...yet. 

You can also just copy and paste your Square Online Store URL directly onto your website, for a simple click for your customers. 

If you work with a web developer to build your site from the ground up, we do have a eCommerce API available. For more details on this API, you will want to check out our developer center.

Hope this helps! 

Message 4 of 43
Admin

Re: Adding an online link on my website without having a link in the online store

We do offer our API which allows you to process payments through Square directly from your site. You can find more info about it in our Support Center. Note that you'll likely need the assistance of web developer to take advantage of these features.

Alternatively, we also have partnerships with Weebly and Bigcommerce which would allow you to integrate payments on your site as well. Hope that helps!

Message 5 of 43
jimmyxandr

Integrating Square Online Store with Webflow.

Does anyone know how I can put a square online store onto a client's website so that customers can add to cart and checkout on my client's website?

Message 6 of 43
Admin

Re: New Show More Option in Store & Suggestions

Hi @Momtimesaver, these are great questions! Right now, our online store features a limited set of themes. I don't have access to a specific timeline, but we are constantly working to expand our online store features. Keep an eye on this article for updates on themes and customizing your store's appearance.

You may also be interested in our API feature. Check out @Sean's post above for more info.

Hope this helps! 😄

Message 7 of 43
Momtimesaver

New Show More Option in Store & Suggestions

Does Square have anything in the works to allow retailers to customize the shop more?  Move the banner?  Change colors? I love the idea of square, but prefer the shop set up of other online ecommerce platforms

Message 8 of 43
cloudydayenter

My current online store is with Volusion. Is it possible to link Square with them to accept payment

Is it possible to link Square with my current online store?

Message 9 of 43
Kelly Square

Re: My current online store is with Volusion. Is it possible to link Square with them to accept p...

Check out the information above for help with your Online Store.

Message 10 of 43