x

Is there a way to change the qualifying timeframe of the lapsed customer?

The current format of the lapsed customer email is for six weeks. Im in the service industry where the client returns anywhere from 1-12 weeks. I really want to implement the "we miss you" emails but I cant send it out based on six weeks. anyway i can change the timeframe?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

This would rock. Yes, please!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 7
Admin

Hey @Jeorjiakay and @pessosices — thanks for surfacing this!

At this time, the ability to change the qualifying timeframe of a lapsed customer isn't available. Let me check around to see if I can find more clarification or workarounds for this. I'll circle back as soon as I have more information. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 7
Admin

Good afternoon — I went to check on any other workarounds but we don't have a solution at this time. So that I can share some more details with our Product Liaison team, can you share a bit more on how the timing would affect your business or how your customers would interpret the current six week setting? Also, what would be the ideal time range you would select if it was an option?

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. We'll keep watch for your reply.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Totally! Thanks for following up and being so receptive!

So we’re a fairly busy ices & ice cream shop and we’re known as a summer spot, but we’re actually open all year.

Our customer frequency varies from 4 times a day to once a year and everything in between.
My goal is to get more people coming in during the off season, and to get on the mind and inbox the people who don’t know we’re open all year or don’t think about us in the fall, winter, and spring.

Doing an automated lapsed customer email seems to be a great way to do that. I already do a newsletter email every 4-8 weeks, but I’d love to do a targeted email with a coupon to just my lapsed folks.

However, with being limited to only 6 weeks, it won’t target the folks I want to target, when I want them. I might hit people in the middle of my season if they came in the beginning of it. I might get them too early in the fall when they’re busy with back to school and holidays, and it definitely won’t get them in the heart of the winter.

Also, as a consumer, I’ve been known to figure out how long automated lapsed customer emails take, and if it’s a short enough time, only visit certain places when I get those discounts.
Therefore, I want mine to be longer than 6 weeks, so people won’t just wait until they get it to come in.
I was thinking closer to 3-4 months.

There’s a great feature in the Customer Smart Groups to adjust your Lapsed Customer Group, and I wish that the automated email could pick from that group, or that logic, rather than just the set 6 weeks.

Thanks again!

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 5 of 7
Admin

Got it — thanks for taking the time to share. 🙏🏻 I can certainly see how being able to adjust the timing for this group would be helpful for many types sellers with seasonal businesses. Rest assured that I'll surface your experience with the proper team members and point out that it would give you more control over strategy. Please keep in touch for updates. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 6 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

My pleasure! Love helping to make this thing the best it can be. 

Sweet. Thanks!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 7 of 7