x
Beta Member

Is there a way to limit the number of orders per hour?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Limit orders per hour?]

Is there a way to limit orders per hour in the square store? Like I get a pile of orders and they are all set for being ready in a certain time from the ordering time. But is there a way to set it so if you have say 20 orders for 10:15am after 20 it will bump the next ones to be ready for like 10:30 or 10:45?

Message 1 of 49
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey there! I've got an update on this feature ๐Ÿ’ฅ

We've just launched Order Staggering for Square Online Store, which lets sellers set the number of orders they can take every 15 minutes (so that they don't get flooded with too many orders at once that they can't fulfill).

This can be found in our dashboard > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > select a location > edit Hours.

screenshot_2020-05-06_at_1.20.42_pm.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this, or any additional feedback regarding this update ๐Ÿ’ก

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @bryan2 ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We appreciate you checking in on this thread.

This definitely make sense. We don't have a shareable update on this feature just yet, but will continue to update everyone here on this thread when we do. Stay tuned!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 43 of 49
Beta Member

I wanted to check in on this.  Hoping there is an update soon.

bryan

Message 44 of 49
Admin

Thanks for following up, @bryan2!

We do have an option in the online store now to limit the number of orders you receive in a given time frame. Check out the post from @isabelle that includes instructions on how to turn on order staggering.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 45 of 49
Beta Member

Any luck with updates on this?

Message 46 of 49

I'm working on using square for my cabinet business, and this might be the biggest deal breaker. The # in 15 minutes is still very restrictive. For my needs I need to setup # per day. I feel like # per # hours would be compatible with a lot of the situations I've seen in this thread, including mine. And being able to choose the units minutes/hours/day would be even better.

Message 47 of 49
Beta Member

Please allow more options than just 15 minutes???

Message 48 of 49

i wish that was my problem... i sell unique, vintage and weird things that take a special person to want it.....lol. one of a kind is my forte so bring on the orders please!!!!

marya jo woeppel
Message 49 of 49