x

Is there a way to print a list of my items?

I am looking for a way to print a list of all my items and their options/prices for an employee that does not have access to my cell phone to see the list. Any ideas? It does seem to be a feature.

Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @RDHCare!

Welcome to the Seller Community ๐ŸŒธ

Could you export your item library and provide him with a .CSV?

To export a copy of your library:

1. Visit Items in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Actions > Export Library > Confirm Export.
  3. Select between Excel (.xlsx) or CSV format. A spreadsheet will then download to your computer.

Keep in mind: The Excel file template is formatted to text, not numbers. If you wish to use the exported item library file to perform number functions, you must change the file to a numbers format.

Click here for more information.

Hope this helps! Let me know if not, and I'm happy to provide an additional solution. 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @RDHCare!

Welcome to the Seller Community ๐ŸŒธ

Could you export your item library and provide him with a .CSV?

To export a copy of your library:

1. Visit Items in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Actions > Export Library > Confirm Export.
  3. Select between Excel (.xlsx) or CSV format. A spreadsheet will then download to your computer.

Keep in mind: The Excel file template is formatted to text, not numbers. If you wish to use the exported item library file to perform number functions, you must change the file to a numbers format.

Click here for more information.

Hope this helps! Let me know if not, and I'm happy to provide an additional solution. 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 17
Beta Member

It would be awesome if there was a function to generate a report for inventory for a category - that would print out on the thermal printer, showing the inventory on hand and space for entering the current inventory - so that this could be used to update inventory in the Square POS - especially for those with tight spaces and that do not have a laser printer available in the store.

James Wilkinson
Message 3 of 17

Thanks Isabelle, that worked out great! (Was actually hoping to see the photos of items imported as well, but this will do the job.)

Message 4 of 17

I see we are able to export a list of inventory items.  It would also be great if we could export our service items.

Message 5 of 17
Admin

I hear you @SugarGirl. If you export your Item Library, your service library items will be included. But I recognize this doesn't make it any easier. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 17

What if you want to export the service library? It only seems to be available for the items library? I need to do this to integrate with my Quickbooks account

Message 7 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hi @joelle1,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to our community!

You're right, at this time only your item library can be exported, which also includes your service library. From here, you could copy and paste your services into a separate spreadsheet as a workaround. We are always looking to incorporate additional features such as this and I have shared your request with our product team to see if we can support this in the future. 

Message 8 of 17

Can you tell me if I were to delete my service library to make these items, will it affect anything or any reports of previous transactions?

Message 9 of 17

Editing your items or services won't affect previous transactions, @joelle1

Message 10 of 17

Need more help please. I understand now that the CSV files exported from Square, all the numbers are formatted as text. (Excel describes this as left justification in the column). The question is how to convert to numbers? Need to add totals for each month. Your help articles did not have a solution, just said convert to numbers. Unsure what the author was referring to, is there some option to select before the export from Square or after open the Excel program and re-format there?

Using the Microsoft Excel program have not been able to convert the columns to numbers. Unsure why. Do know each number has a $ on it which is text. This could be my issue. Is it possible for Square to export the numbers without the $. Or does the Square tech team know how to resolve this issue. Thank you

Message 11 of 17

Welcome back to the Community, @FYHW

Could you give me a little more information on how you're exporting? Are you exporting a report from your Dashboard or the list from your Item Library? 

What kind of information are you trying to convert to numbers? Is Excel giving you an error when you try to do that?

Apologies for all of the questions, but I want to make sure that we're on the same track. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply๐Ÿ‘€

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 17

Thank you Kassi, my method is to log-in and go to transactions and use the Export button, get the "transactions CSV" file. These files are challenging to convert the Text Numbers to real numbers. (in Excel program this file does not show smart tags on the cell, text to column feature, paste special function and value function all did not work - finally saw a video about replace comma, removed the $ sign this works). Now I know what works. It would be good if Square gave an option to not display the $ (that is the issue), but unsure why the file is only Text.

I still have an issue with the date format. The square report file is formatted in two ways MM/DD/YY and MM-DD-YY and seem to be random in the file. Excel has issues converting two formats into one style. My challenge in Excel program is to convert the date to DD-MMM-YY. Find this format much easier to read, but have not found a method to convert the date. Very grateful if you have any suggestions. Thank you

Message 13 of 17

Ah I see, @FYHW

Thank you for clarifying that for me. At the moment, the best option would be to copy and paste to a new spreadsheet. This would allow you to make those formatting changes you're looking for. 

I know this isn't ideal, but I can tag this for our Product Team as a feature request. They can take a deeper look into it. 

Appreciate your time and feedback on this!

Kassi
Message 14 of 17

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to export select items from an item library and print up a list?  For example if I want to print up all items we stock from one individual vendor or one department.  All I see right now is that I can export my entire library and that is all.

thanks for your help!

chris

Message 15 of 17
Super Seller

Hi Chris,

You are correct, you would export all the items. Export to an excel file and in the excel file, there is a column for Vendor Name and Vendor Code. You can sort by the vendor name and pull the list of items from there.

Luke Nieuwland
Owner/Operator
https://www.whiskyrun.com/
Co-Founder
https://birrdi.com/
Co-Founder
https://www.lakeeffect.ca/
Message 16 of 17

Hi @NSEM - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community๐Ÿ‘‹

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed printing items from their library. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

And thank you to @LukeNieuw for helping out here!

Please do let me know if you have any additional questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Violet
Message 17 of 17