x

Is there an option to send a custom text to all loyalty members and direct to the online store?

I am trying to use the marketing tool as I am indefinitely closed but I am still offering curbside pick-up, free local delivery and shipping. What I have noticed is that when I create campaign and click  text and then you have an option to choose automated campaign options. I would like to reach all my customers that are loyalty members this way to let them know that although I am closed for walk in customers I have the above available and their first purchase they will receive 20% off. I don't have that many emails for my customers and my loyalty members are my most frequent customers and unfortunately when signing up they only enter their phone number. I was also hoping that you had available a delivery option. What I am directing my customers to do is click shipping and in the notes add that it is a delivery. It would also be very helpful to receive a text message when an order has been placed. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Winetruffle-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

As for text message campaigns, we do have this feature if you subscribe to both Square Marketing and Square Loyalty. Unfortunately, while you'll be able to text a campaign to your customers, you will not be able to create a custom campaign. That's a feature we're still developing. Here is a Support Center article that goes over how it works, and here are some instructions:

1. Navigate to the Marketing page of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create Campaign and select Text Message.
  3. Select your campaign objective.
  4. Add a customized message and coupon.
  5. Review your campaign and select Activate Now to enable this campaign.

These text campaigns will be automatically sent to all customers who meet the campaign criteria. I hope this works for you, despite the lack customization for your message/campaign. 

As for a delivery option for your business, that is also something we launched in the last couple of weeks. Take a look at Tom's post about setting up delivery. 

Thank you again for posting in the Seller Community. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make a text message campaign, or our delivery system work for your business during this time. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Winetruffle-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

As for text message campaigns, we do have this feature if you subscribe to both Square Marketing and Square Loyalty. Unfortunately, while you'll be able to text a campaign to your customers, you will not be able to create a custom campaign. That's a feature we're still developing. Here is a Support Center article that goes over how it works, and here are some instructions:

1. Navigate to the Marketing page of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create Campaign and select Text Message.
  3. Select your campaign objective.
  4. Add a customized message and coupon.
  5. Review your campaign and select Activate Now to enable this campaign.

These text campaigns will be automatically sent to all customers who meet the campaign criteria. I hope this works for you, despite the lack customization for your message/campaign. 

As for a delivery option for your business, that is also something we launched in the last couple of weeks. Take a look at Tom's post about setting up delivery. 

Thank you again for posting in the Seller Community. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make a text message campaign, or our delivery system work for your business during this time. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 4

So I received your email. I can see where you can create a campaign with a text message but the problem is the only options you have or four of them and you cannot custom your tax campaign it Hass to fall within those four different categories and when I create a campaign for a text messaging I have over 700 customers but can only reach approximately 8 of them with the way you guys have it set up right now with those four options only. I think it would be really helpful especially during this time to have it open to create your own custom campaign for texting your loyalty members. Like I said I have over 700 loyalty members phone numbers and no emails with these because it’s not required to collect those when they sign up and I would love to be able to reach out to all of them and tell them about our curbside pick up, local delivery and free shipping during this time. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

I can see how it would be helpful to create custom text campaigns @Winetruffle, especially in times like these🍷

This is a feature we're working on making available to our sellers in the future. I'll make sure to post an update when I hear something from the Product Team regarding the status of this feature request. In the meantime, please feel free to give our Marketing, Directory, and Loyalty team a call, or reply back to me if you need anything. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 4