x

Is there anyway to accept international credit cards in Chile?

I was very excited to find Square when researching the best the credit card processing channels. Unfortunately, I need to accept international cards internationally, i.e. in our retreat center in Patagonia. I thought I would be able to order my reader while visiting family in the states, but now realize that it is not a possiblity. 

Does Square now have a solution for this? Or can anyone recommend a solution for accepting credit cards in Chile?

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Square does not work in Chile.  You would have to find a local credit card processor in that country.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

Square does not work in Chile.  You would have to find a local credit card processor in that country.

Message 2 of 4
Square

@VanKalkerFarms - Thanks for your help with this! 

@Nature_Boy - While I don't have any recommendations, we'll be sure to share your interest with our product liaison team. Thanks for taking the time to post in the Seller Community! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 4

Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are widely accepted throughout Chile, and the dinner club is no exception. Many Chilean businesses charge a service fee of 2% to 4% and they will pass on the cost to you, so expect cheap deals with cash. Smaller hostels and hotels often do not accept credit cards.

Message 4 of 4