x

Is this fraud?

I received a phone text to "view my receipt".  It is not my purchase and I have both of my Square devices.  Looking the address on the receipt up, on google maps, it appears to be a vacant lot.  Nothing is on my bank statement as yet.  Contact us is closed (of course).  How do I handle this?  Just wait until Square reopens?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I would simply call them and give them your merchant number whichy will get you right in. They are always helpful and I have never holded for more than a minute.

Square blows away PayPal in everyway and I am sure glad Paypal now has competition but they are still unknown by many but hopefullu

Message 2 of 5

Call them with your merchant number and they will resolve your problem 99% of the time.  Not like PayPal which routes you to God knows what country after pressing a bunch of buttons first.

Message 3 of 5

Unfortunately, you have to be able to get through to them.  I have called them three times, leaving my number for a call back and although they have called back, well over 30 minutes later, I missed their call as I was working on a different line.  This time I waited on hold for over 24 minutes.  What a waste of time.  

I am glad you are getting good customer service.  I am not experiencing the same.

Message 4 of 5

Hello @emmajaynejewelr, it sounds like you might have received one of your customers receipts by mistake. 

Your phone number might have been entered instead of your customers on accident. If a phone number or email address is entered for a receipt it will be paired for future Square transactions.

You can use the last 4 digits of the card on the receipt to track down which transaction it occurred. 

I know the wait for Phone Support is a little long today since yesterday was Labor Day, but our phone or Email Support Team can remove your phone number from their card. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions! ✌️

Message 5 of 5