x
Alumni

Issue a refund to your Square Gift Card! ๐Ÿ’ณ ๐ŸŽ‰

Our Gift Cards team has been listening to your feedback and Iโ€™m really excited to announce our newest update to Square. If you are currently using Square Gift Cards and are running the most up to date version of the Square Point of Sale app, you will now have the option to refund your customerโ€™s purchase right onto your businessโ€™s Gift Cards!

To issue a refund on to your Square Gift Card:

1. From your in-app navigation bar, hit Transactions.
  2. Search the receipt number or full credit card number to find the transaction.
  3. Tap the transaction to refund > Issue Refund.
  4. Select item(s) to refund > tap Refund.
  5. Tap Add Gift Card or Swipe then swipe or enter the gift card number.
  6. Tap Refund.

To load the Gift Card, you will need to have either the physical gift card to swipe or have the 16 digit number from the back of the card to enter. Your refund will display in the under the gift card section in Total Collected section of the Sales Summary report on your Square Dashboard.

The whole amount of refund will be transferred to the Gift Card and no fees will be removed from the total.

If you have any questions please let me know! ๐Ÿ˜€

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

This was working for me and now it wonโ€™t let us refund to our square gift cards? Help?

Message 2 of 6

This was working for me now it won't process onto the plastic gift card? when I swipe or enter the number manually it just goes right to trying to refund to Interac or VISA. HELP!

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @dielletee

Are you trying to refund it to the same plastic Gift Card or a new one? 

I would recommend trying a new Gift Card for the refund. Please let me know if that doesn't work and I am happy to circle back. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply๐Ÿ‘€

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

it won't work even with a new gift card that hasn't been used yet! 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for coming back and confirming that for me, @dielletee

Right now, I am going to suggest calling into our CS Team directly. They will be able to take a deeper look into the hold up with your Gift Cards and refunds. 

Phone Support is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm CST: 1-855-700-6000.

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6