x

Issues with "on sale" items

Hi Square Community

I'm having issues with items that have an "on sale" price.

Basically, I had some items that were on-sale. The sale has ended and I have removed the "Sale Price" from the item (see below).

sjh2010_0-1625096287044.png

However, the red "sale" tag is still appearing against these items on my website. I know I can turn off the "sale indicator badge" in Item Preferences but I have other items that are still currently on sale. 

I see there is a little tag (see below) in the item description and I wondered if this is the problem and how I remove it?

sjh2010_1-1625096405353.png

Can anyone shed any light please? For now I have turned off the "sale indicator badge" in Item Preferences.

Thank you.

Sarah 

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@sjh2010  @Teambubbletea we've received word this should be fixed - are you able to test again now to confirm and report back?

Thank you 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Hey @sjh2010,

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you still seeing this issue at the moment? I took a look at your website and couldn't actually see the sale tag on the item page or listing. Has this resolved itself, or might I be looking in the wrong place?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 12

Hi Seamus. Thanks for your message. The sale item is still showing a red "sale" tag when I turn the "sale indicator badge" back on. The "sale indicator badge" is currently turned off as it is the only way I can stop this from happening. 

Message 3 of 12
Admin

Thanks @sjh2010,

I took a deeper dive and it looks like there is currently a bug of this nature impacting some Square Online accounts. I've added your account info to the ticket so this issue can be investigated further - once I hear back I'll let you know!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 12

Morning Seamus. Thank you for letting me know. I'll leave the "sale notification badge" turned off for the time being. 

If you could get back to me when your techy people have looked into it, that would be most appreciated 🙂

Message 5 of 12
Admin

Will do @sjh2010 - from what I can see at the moment is the issue is presently being worked on - not sure on the ETA but I've set myself a reminder to check back!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 12

Hi,

I have the same issue. The "sale" red tag are on the regular priced items. So I just turned off the "sale" tag for everything so it doesn't affect the rest of the items. Can you also please look into my website and resolve the issue, please?

Thank you.

www.teambubbletea.com

nema diaz
Message 7 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Teambubbletea,

Thanks for writing in 👋

While we can't look into your site settings via our community forum, there's some troubleshooting steps we can try out in the meantime.

First, re-publish your site by going to Website > Edit Site > Publish. Next, turn the sale tags back on. 

We'll be sure to follow up on the bug as soon as we hear back from the team as well. 

Please let us know how you go with these steps!

Message 8 of 12

Hi Arie,

I did the steps you mentioned above, but the "sale" tags appear on the regular priced items as well. I will turn off the sale indicator again. Awaiting for your update. Thank you.

nema diaz
Message 9 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for giving these steps a try @Teambubbletea

I'll notify you here once I have an update on the bug. 

Message 10 of 12
Admin

Best Answer

@sjh2010  @Teambubbletea we've received word this should be fixed - are you able to test again now to confirm and report back?

Thank you 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 11 of 12

Hi Seamus. Yes, it appears to be fixed 🙂

Thank you for letting me know xx

Message 12 of 12