x
Square

Join Uplifted Voices: Black in Business

Hi Seller Community!

I'm @mgray, a member of Square’s Black Square Association (BSA) Community. I’m also an Account Manager here at Square. We recently launched Uplifted Voices: Black in Business as a dedicated space on the Seller Community for Black Business Owners and entrepreneurs to connect with one another.

We launched the group with a select group of sellers and are excited to share this post today to open up the opportunity for any seller identifying as Black to join. A little bit more about what Uplifted Voices is:

• A safe space for you to share your stories, connect with one another and have access to resources that make running your businesses easier
  • Opportunities for us to learn from YOU, as we strive for a deeper understanding of our customers' needs as we improve on services and build out new products. 
  • A place to connect with BSA, we have several members in the group and want you to join conversations by replying to the content we post every week, create your own posts to share anything you’d like, or just use the like button on posts to show solidarity.

If you are a Square seller and identify as a Black Business (we will be launching a group for all those interested in being allies to social causes soon), please click the link below to join:

Join Uplifted Voices: Black in Business

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

This is such a needed community. It has come right on time. I am a black owned business newbie, and can use all the community support, and will like to support in any way I can as well.

Thank you for reaching out 😃

Message 2 of 23
Beta Member

So looking forward to this group! I provide a service, so I'm not a seller in the same sense as having a product but feel I can contribute to and benefit from this group.  Thanks for this!

Message 3 of 23

Thank you for allowing me to join this group. I am new small black owned business owner-Lillie’s Passion LLC looking for resources and assistance. I put a lot of passion in each of my product. I am looking to share my product in this community and learn from you all. Thank you for reading my post.

Message 4 of 23

Fantastic! Just one more reason why Square is amazing. Looking forward to being an ally to this cause. 

Message 5 of 23

Thank you for forming this group. My business is Words Off The Paper. I'm a published author and poet and looking for readers and support. 

Thanks

Message 6 of 23

In the Covid world we now live in, support like this is so needed. I am so happy to be a part of this community, anything I can do to help please don't hesitate. 

Message 7 of 23

So excited that I found this group. As a small black owned CBD business it has been very hard to garner traction within the CBD realm. If you have any questions in regards to our business, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Looking forward to also learning about the other businesses in the group!

Message 8 of 23

This is awesome. I am so thankful to be able to join this group and be able to learn. 

Message 9 of 23

Hello everyone.  I am a black business owner and I just recently opened my online store on Square a few months ago.  I look forward to interacting with the BSA seller community. Thanks for adding me.

Cynthia Little
Message 10 of 23

Hello i'm new to square business online and this is the first i've seen it has a community outreach group for black owned businesses to connect and learn about resources or just help with questions or concerns in the community.

Message 11 of 23
Square

Hi @myshugaandspice ! We recently launched this Community in July and we are glad to have you as a member! 

Message 12 of 23

Hello! How can I join Black Square Association (BSA) Community

Message 13 of 23
Square

Hi @thesportsdoc ! The Black Square Association is an Employee Resource Group for Square Employees. Although you are unable to join BSA, you are able to interact with some of the members once you join Uplifted Voices: Black in Business. 

Message 14 of 23

Thank you for this group. Please advise on how to join the link is glitching. I am the owner of a small CBD company. 

Message 15 of 23
Alumni

Hi @GoldenThread !

When you visit this link: UPLIFTED VOICES: BLACK IN BUSINESS

You should see the link to "Send a Request to join". Do you see it? Take a look at the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 1.06.53 PM.png

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 16 of 23
Beta Member

Hello All!  I am looking for a tattoo artist with specific experience tattooing dark skin.  Anyone in the NY/NJ area? 

Message 17 of 23
Alumni

Hey @CallowaySpeech  - It would be a great idea to join the Uplifted Voices group and perhaps see if anyone in there has a point of contact. Best of luck finding your artist!

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 18 of 23

Greetings!

I too am very happy to see this opportunity form.  I am new to Square and still on the fence regrading the many services. just restarting my business after 4 years but I hope that I will be able to add and learn from the conversations. My business is service related but still happy to join in.

Message 19 of 23
Alumni

Welcome to the Square Fam!! Happy you chose Square to help jumpstart your biz. I'm Justin, one of the moderators here in the Community. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have regarding our products. I'm sure the members here will be happy to chime in as well. 

We're here to support! Send me a private message if you need anything 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 23

This is awesome! I am a Black owned Business owner  for Mosi Vegan Catering, LLC and would love to join this community. your assistance and resources will be very appreciated.

Message 21 of 23