x
Admin

Join our Beta Program to test Square Contactless and Chip Reader

If you're a Seller using the Contactless and Chip Reader to take payments, this beta's for you. We are looking for new testers to preview the latest updates for Square’s Contactless and Chip Reader. 

As part of this Square Beta Program, you will get early access to new firmware updates and reader improvements, and be able to share feedback to directly improve the Square Contactless and Chip Reader experience.

To get involved and start testing, please comment “I’m in”, or any variation of your excitement, in this thread. We’ll reach out to you with a confirmation email of your enrollment.

Additionally, please join our Beta Community. The Beta Community allows us to collect your feedback, get bug reports, and any additional information from you during a beta program — as well as gives you access to other beta programs we may recruit for in the future. This is a dedicated Community for you to connect to our Beta Team.

When you preview these new updates and provide feedback, you directly influence and improve Square products. Now more than ever, we’re working to give you solutions that improve your business.

Your feedback is so important to us and we thank you in advance, and hope that you, your employees, and family are staying safe.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Beta Member

I'm in

Message 2 of 12
Beta Member

I’m in

Message 3 of 12

i'm in

Message 4 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Reminder! We're still looking for Sellers to join us in this new and exciting beta program. If you want to participate, let us know! We're also happy to answer any questions you might have about this program 🙂 

Michelle (she/her)
Senior Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 12

I’m in

Message 6 of 12
Beta Member

I'm in

Message 7 of 12

I would like to be "in" but I'm using Square on a laptop. I used an iPad prior to this with no issues.  It no longer functions.  I haven't managed to get the reader to connect to the laptop yet.  So I have a technical issue to solve before "I'm in".

Thanks.

Message 8 of 12
Admin

@AxeToGrindFoods 

Thank you for your interest! The Contactless and Chip Reader is not supported for use with a laptop. The magstripe reader does work when inserted into the headphone jack of a computer, but unfortunately, the contactless and chip reader does need to be connected to the App itself- on Android or iOS mobile devices or tablets.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 9 of 12
Super Seller

I'm in!

Luke Nieuwland
Owner/Operator
https://www.whiskyrun.com/
Co-Founder
https://birrdi.com/
Co-Founder
https://www.lakeeffect.ca/
Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

@kellyj What kind of new features are we looking at? Currently, the reader works as expected for us...?

James Wilkinson
Message 11 of 12
Admin

@JPWilkinson 

We're sending new firmware updates to the devices enrolled when we have updates and new firmware that affects the contactless and chip reader. We should have an update coming pretty soon, and some new information on what changes to expect coming soon. Sometimes these are so small we may not send out too much information on them, but if you've joined the group, we'll be updating the group shortly with the new improvements.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 12 of 12