x
Square Community Moderator

Join the House Accounts Beta Program

UPDATE:  As of 08/17/23, this beta program is now closed and the feature will be widely available to all US sellers shortly. 

Hi! 

We are currently accepting sellers into our House Accounts Beta Program! The benefits of House Accounts includes: 

• Use a house account as the payment method in Square Point of Sale
  • Keep a running balance for items purchased for payment at a later date or automatically charge a customer’s card on file
  • Send an invoice to collect payment for house account balances.

If you are interested in joining House Accounts, please click on the link below! 

Join House Accounts

Phil 

Beta Manager

House Account Update:

Thank you for participating in our House Accounts Beta program.  We're excited to announce that House Accounts in now available to the general public! We appreciate the time you took for testing and sharing feedback all these past few months. 

Now that the beta program has ended, we have to say goodbye for now, but if you need any  assistance with House Accounts  please get in touch with our Customer Success team on 1-855-700-6000 or send them a message through the Support Center if you have any questions or feedback.

Note:  Please make sure your Square apps are up to date with the latest app version in order to continue using this feature

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Beta Member

Testing of House Accounts limits the House Account only to a single location.  It should be able to be active for multiple locations under a single Square account.

Message 2 of 18
Beta Member

Are House Accounts available on Square Registers as well as Square Stands?

Message 3 of 18

Hi @steve-at-fox , yes. If we've enabled House Accounts on your account, it will also be available on your Square Register. If you're not seeing it, please let me know and I can investigate!

Message 4 of 18
Beta Member

Hi Phill,

I sent a message earlier but the "House Accounts" is something I really need.  Please add me to the group.  And thanks for the consideration!

Mark

Message 5 of 18

Hi @MarkSpiegelman ,

Thanks for your interest in the House Accounts Beta Program! I've enabled the beta for your account. Please visit this community page for instructions on how to get started! 

sellercommunity.com/t5/House-Accounts/Start-testing-House-Accounts/m-p/366917

Message 6 of 18
Beta Member

Phil,  You made my day, week, and month.  Thank you!!!

Message 7 of 18

When will House Account be available to new members of Square?  I am still in my 30-day trial period and need that option with my business. 

Message 8 of 18

HI @newyou1 , 

This feature is still in Beta, but you don't have to be a long time Square user to join! Please join our Beta Community here and from there we can enable the feature on your account. 

Message 9 of 18
Beta Member

Hi! I've joined the Beta program. Can the House Account feature now be enabled on my account?

Katie Finn
Message 10 of 18

Thank you for joining the Beta Program, @katiefinn. I have reached out to our Beta team internally to get you add to the House Account Bets. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 18

Hi @katiefinn !

I've enabled House Accounts on your account. Please join the House Accounts Beta Group for instructions on how to get started and for a way to provide feedback. 

Thanks! 

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/House-Accounts/gh-p/House_Accounts

Message 12 of 18
Beta Member

What is the best way for a customer to pay an invoice sent and a house account balance at the same time?  Trying to make it simple for our staff.  Thanks!

Message 13 of 18
Beta Member

How do I access house accounts, please?

Katie Finn
Message 14 of 18

Hey there, @katiefinn -

Since this feature is still in Beta, you will have to join the Beta Community like @SQPhil mentioned in their post. Once you do, they can enable it on your account. 

Thank you!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 18
Beta Member

Thank you!

I've joined the Beta group. 

Katie Finn
Message 16 of 18
Beta Member

This is amazing news!!! This is what we need most in our business! How do we get signed up?

Message 17 of 18
Beta Member

Highly needed for our business, almost all of it is done via house accounts, we currently make it work with open tickets. How do we get signed up?

Message 18 of 18