x

Just registered with Square. Need to change it to US$,

Just registered with Square. Since my company is registered in Canada it has been done in Canadian funds. But now I have a US$ bank account. How do I change it to US$ so that it comes in US$ to my account.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Tried calling but was put on hold forever. Really need to know how to change it to US$ so that all is in US$. At the moment it is in Canadian funds. Please advise asap. Thanks
Message 2 of 5
Alumni

Hi @nirvick - A Canadian bank account that processes money in CAD is required for the money within your Square account to be deposited. With that said, Canadian accounts can only accept funds in CAD at this time. While you can accept USD payments, it will always convert the funds to CAD.

Do you mind telling us why you would need a US bank account linked to your account? If you have business in the US, you can always create a US account, but note that this account can only be used within the US borders.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 5

Hello! I'm a Canadian businesswoman traveling to the US to meet with potential buyers at a tradeshow. What's the easiest way to collect payments in USD and leave them in USD? I opened a BMO US account recently, shouldn't I be able to add this new account to my profile? 

I attempted to do so but the transit # should be five digits, meanwhile mine is only 4. 

Let me know!

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community. ๐Ÿ™‚

In order for you to charge USD and only receive USD without any conversions, you will need to sign up for a US account. Since you are a CA native, I'm not sure this will be a good option as you will also need to have a US address and Social Security Number in order to set up. 

International travel is a huge feature request, but unfortunately, is one of the most limited we have as far as workarounds, as you cannot simply take your CA account across country borders to the US as your app will not work either. 

For you, I would suggest offering online sales as you can sell internationally and accept international cards, but that will still charge sellers in CAD as well. 

I know this isn't the best answer you were hoping for, but hopefully this helps you a little further as you prepare for your tradeshow!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5