x

Fresh KDS Alternative?

So I've been look if there were any alternatives that filled the same role that Fresh KDS does. I did some reaserch only and found another thread from almost 2 years ago that was wondering the same thing and someone from square said that there were no others. Is that still the case?

Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Drumroll, please...🥁

Dropping in to announce that Square now offers a Kitchen Display System! We included lots of great information about our new KDS in our Product Update post, but be sure to check out our Support Center article before getting started to ensure a smooth transition from your current setup.

We are so excited about this, and hope you are too - feel free to hop over to our Product Update post to leave your questions or feedback about the brand new Square KDS.

If you need more one-on-one help, log into your Square account and head here to speak directly with our team.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 24 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

I have been using Fresh KDS for over a year and about 90% of the time works ok.  BUT I have been troubleshooting random "printer disconnect" errors usually once a week for over 4 months (probably longer if it wasn't for the Pandemic).  I have researched to no end, troubleshooting(ed) for HOURS and HOURS (seriously not exaggerating), think I solve the issue multiple times only to have it happen again a week or a week and a half later.

I am so done.

It's beyond frustrating and it is now severely impacting business when it goes down and I have no ability to see drink orders while the cashier is ringing up someone else.  In every thread going back for years Square doesn't care and FreshKDS replies "it's not us it's your WiFi"; which maybe true, bit never give any assistance on what the issue may be so that I can address it.  

Receipt/label printers are cost prohibitive for my small business, especially now.  Are there any other options??  Please??  Anything?? After this last disconnect, I am desperate for a solution.

Message 22 of 25
Beta Member

Following.  Fresh KDS "support" is not helpful.  They only ever say "Connect both the POS and ipads to a mobile hotspot"  

I am very much interested in alternatives to Fresh KDS.  I have been talking with the guys at Kioskbuddy, and they have considered a KDS option, but I need something now.

Message 23 of 25
Alumni

Best Answer

Drumroll, please...🥁

Dropping in to announce that Square now offers a Kitchen Display System! We included lots of great information about our new KDS in our Product Update post, but be sure to check out our Support Center article before getting started to ensure a smooth transition from your current setup.

We are so excited about this, and hope you are too - feel free to hop over to our Product Update post to leave your questions or feedback about the brand new Square KDS.

If you need more one-on-one help, log into your Square account and head here to speak directly with our team.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 25
Beta Member

@Valentina if we have questions specific to square KDS who do we ask?  I’ve called in and the techs are not very familiar with it yet and don’t understand my questions.  We used the Fresh KDS for almost 2 years.  The feature that we are missing most is being able to bump food off one screen but not another.  In our make area it helps to get rid of the “noise” that’s on the screen - however we very much still need the order to show up on our “expo” screen so we know where the order is going.  And about that as well - it would be VERY helpful if we could see the server that took the order.  Fresh KDS had that feature as well. 

Message 25 of 25