x
Admin

Last Week Today: Your peek into all things going on in the Beta Community

Hello again Beta Community folks! Want to give a big thanks to the sellers who joined us in our Roundtable this week: @ryanwanner @Twiggy @GourmetOnWheels @londontea @dasap1234 @vinesandrushes @perks1207 @Christina61612 

Our discussion focused in on the overall functionality and look of the Beta and Seller Community. If you have any thoughts you'd like to share in regards to our Beta or Seller Community design, comment below. We'd love to hear them.

Our next Roundtable will take place on November 2ndRSVP here to join us and chat about all things beta.

TESTING:

We are testing a refreshed checkout experience on your Square for Retail Register that makes it easier to create orders and choose fulfillment methods. If you're interested in giving it a try, click here. *NOTE: This is only available for US sellers.

That's it for this week. Stay tuned for updates every week in our "Last Week Today" post. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Hello! I'm planning to join the Nov 2nd round table, but wanted to toss out a feature idea in the meantime. It would be super helpful if in Square Shifts we could use non-numerical shift end time. For example, we have nights where it's just not busy enough to justify having a full staff in, and while managers are meant to send folks home if it's not busy, having a 10pm shift end time versus a "business decline" or other shift end time makes our bartenders feel skimped on hours. Additionally, while we close at 10pm, there's no telling whether it will take 10 to 60 minutes to close, so having an ending time of "close" rather than assigning 10:30pm when they might be there longer or shorter would be helpful. When I worked as a bartender before opening this business, the bar used Square, but they scheduled with 7shifts and were able to have those non-numeric shifts. I would love to use Square for all our scheduling rather than integrate with another app (and pay membership fees for both!). 

Cheers,
Katie
Message 2 of 2