x

Legacy Square Online Store owners who have changed to the Weebly store before the 2/27/20 deadline

Was hoping to connect with anyone who has transferred over a Legacy Online Store with a custom domain to the new Weebly platform that we are all being forced to switch to on 2/27/20. My understanding is that we will be charged a $7 per month fee for having a custom domain for our online store going forward. I am wondering how the transition went for others, if the sales were noticeably impacted, the appearance and function of the page for others, etc.  I am nervous about updating the DNS/IP address settings as this process can take up to 48 hrs to update from my host - this could definitely lead to a significant loss of sales. Any other problems I can try to prepare for before the deadline on the 27th?  Thanks so much for sharing any experiences you may have had. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Following. I haven't tried to switch yet, and I am also concerned. I currently have a domain name that points to my online Square store. I haven't seen a clear answer about what the cost will be after 2/27, and what settings I may need to change to make sure the domain name link still works. I'm not even sure whether I need to do all this via the Square store editor, or through Weebly. I'm hoping somebody else has been through this and can provide some guidance.

Message 2 of 3

Hi Bethany, I might try on Sunday so if so, I'll definitely report how it goes. I found another thread in "online store" topics in which someone switched who had more than 1 "location" and they discovered that Weebly doesn't support a forwarding URL if there is more than 1 "location" for someone's business. I'm confused as to why this would be. I only use one "location" account for the website so I'm not sure if I will be effected or not. The Square support member wasn't even aware of this problem, the user had to inform them after talking to a Weebly engineer.

Message 3 of 3