x

Linking bank account is my bank acct information accessible to anyone who has Square password?

Is my bank account information and balances kept private once someone who has Square password is signed on?

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@squaredcc2 - Since the settings to adjust your bank account are available from your Square Dashboard, anyone that has your username and password would be able to access these settings. Having said that, in order for any bank account changes to start, you would have to confirm the change by clicking on a confirmation link that we email directly to the address tied to the account. If you'd like to further secure your Square Dashboard, I'd also suggest checking out this article on 2-Step verification. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Square

Best Answer

@squaredcc2 - Since the settings to adjust your bank account are available from your Square Dashboard, anyone that has your username and password would be able to access these settings. Having said that, in order for any bank account changes to start, you would have to confirm the change by clicking on a confirmation link that we email directly to the address tied to the account. If you'd like to further secure your Square Dashboard, I'd also suggest checking out this article on 2-Step verification. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 46

Can someone tell me what it will say after I put in all my info for linking my bank account? I know in blue letters it says cancel verification then it says unverified with deposits sent what does that mean? I tried calling customer service but no answer.. they're closed for the weekend so can anyone help me please

Message 3 of 46

I have a new visa debit card to link to my account

Message 4 of 46

Sorry no one got back to you @squaredcc2! Even if someone had access to your account we never show the full bank account number. They would only be able to see the last 4 digits. 

@Bensons3935 we have a great Support Center article that shows how to Set up and Manage your Instant Deposits. I recommend taking a look! 😀

Message 5 of 46

wtf   is there any hope for me to get help   im getting so sick of the circles im going thru

Message 6 of 46

Same here. Anytime I mention transferring funds to cash app from square I'm told to contact cash app.....If someone would actually read my question beyond the words cash app they'd see it's clearly a square question 

Message 7 of 46
Square Community Moderator

You can transfer your funds from Square to Cash App by using your routing number,  @O-w-M. Right now, this option is available for standard transfers only, so you wouldn't be able to use instant transfers with Cash App. 

Message 8 of 46

I'm having trouble it's saying I need to verify my account but every time I click it to verify it takes me back to the same page

Message 9 of 46
Alumni

Are you trying from a mobile device or Computer? Can you try using Google Chrome if you haven't already? @MB23

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 46

I’m using a computer and I’ll try using chrome @JustinC 

Message 11 of 46
Alumni

Sounds good - lemme know how it goes, I'll be on stand by @MB23

Justin
Message 12 of 46

I am trying to link the bank account, but no option is shown. I have tried to change the location, yet the issue is the same. Moreover, in my account set up, every time I fill up the information, the information is not updated and I am asked to update the information.

What's the issue?

Message 13 of 46

Hi @Trinie,

It sounds like your account may not be active or approved for card processing with us.

Make sure you're in a supported country for card processing with us as well.

Ashley C
Message 14 of 46

Sean We are setting up a square store online and will allow some curbside pickups. Our question for a Canadian account is will Square process to and from a personal Canadian bank account instead of a corporate or business account as we are starting as a proprietorship.

Message 15 of 46
Alumni

Hi @Snarky, and welcome to the Seller Community

You can learn all about linking a bank in Canada by heading to this page.

Valentina
Message 16 of 46

Sean

My small company has used Square for years.  Due to COVID we are struggling to survive.  Normally card is used through square and square sends the money to our bank account however, on March 11 $229.72 was deducted from our bank account - why?  

Message 17 of 46
Admin

Hi @debbieleeangell. Unfortunately we can't access account specifics here in the Seller Community, so you'll want to reach out to our Support Team for help.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 18 of 46

best answer

Message 19 of 46

Hi there, @4532123 - you can find Sean's Best Answer here! 

Joe
Message 20 of 46

I have not yet completed a user account with bank info. How do I get back to completing the info I started?

Message 21 of 46