x

Linking bank account is my bank acct information accessible to anyone who has Square password?

Is my bank account information and balances kept private once someone who has Square password is signed on?

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@squaredcc2 - Since the settings to adjust your bank account are available from your Square Dashboard, anyone that has your username and password would be able to access these settings. Having said that, in order for any bank account changes to start, you would have to confirm the change by clicking on a confirmation link that we email directly to the address tied to the account. If you'd like to further secure your Square Dashboard, I'd also suggest checking out this article on 2-Step verification. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @hayneskid

Welcome to the Community. 

If you log into your Dashboard and go to Account Settings, you will see options to add some more information to your account. 

Also, by clicking the clipboard in the right-hand corner - you will see the Setup Guide. It provides a checklist  of the steps to finish setting up your account. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 46

I have not been able to connect my bank account to Square.  Help

Message 23 of 46

Hey there @m1987

To link a bank account from your online Square Dashboard, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to Account & Settings > Bank Accounts in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Enter the requested bank account information.
  3. Click Verify Account.

To link a bank account from the Square app:

1. From the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen, tap More > Settings > Account > Bank Account.
  2. Tap Link Bank Account and enter the password for your Square account.
  3. Enter the requested bank account information.
  4. Tap Link.

Note: When adding a name for your bank, pick any name that will help you identify the account. It doesn’t have to be the same name on the bank account. It’s good to note that your account and routing numbers are usually listed at the bottom of your checks. Some credit unions use electronic account numbers for transfers from Square (ACH transactions), which can be different than the account number on your checks. You’ll want to confirm with your credit union that you’re using the correct account number.

The verification process can take up to 4 business days. We’ll send a small transfer to your account and then withdraw the same amount to make sure we can communicate with your bank. As a heads up, make sure you have at least $1.00 in your bank account to prevent your bank verification from failing due to insufficient funds. You can check your verification status anytime from your online dashboard.

Once your bank account has been verified, your transfers will be sent according to your transfer schedule. If you’d like, you can learn more about Square’s different transfer schedules in our Support Center.

JJ
Message 24 of 46

How do I add username and  password 

Message 25 of 46

This has not solved my problem. In the past the money has been transferred. I don’t know why it hasn’t this time. Can I speak to someone over the phone? I need this to be resolved. Right now I’m out over $7000????

Message 26 of 46

@1a thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community!

If your Square transfers have been suspended, then the Square Secure team has most likely reached out to you.

They will do this via an email with specific information about your account status, and actions that may need to be taken. If you haven't already, please check your inbox for a message from our team - and your Square Dashboard for notifications (squ.re/Dashboard). 

While we're not able to facilitate callbacks via the Seller Community, we encourage you to reach out to our Support Team on 1-855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday - Friday should you require further assistance here.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 27 of 46
Beta Member

How do I find my routing & account number to my square card?

Message 28 of 46

My  account is  link to square 

Message 29 of 46

I only have the point of sale app; where do I find “Square Dashboard”?

Message 30 of 46

I rather funds go into my savings account instead of checking

Message 31 of 46
Alumni

Here's a link to Dashboard @Hectorfosse1

You'll need to link a transactional bank account to your Square account. You can find out more info at this link: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5456

Message 32 of 46

How do I link my account bank account to the square

Message 33 of 46

Hi @Johnnyblaze and welcome to the Community.

Here's the Support Center article that goes over how to link your bank account.

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first especially for general questions like this so you can find your quickest answer!

Ashley C
Message 34 of 46

this does not answer my question: Square keeps asking me to link my bank account and I already have, I've been using it for a while now... but square keeps sending that same message 😞

Message 35 of 46

@dianemyers I can also confirm your bank account is actively linked to your main account location, but it looks like you have a second location that does not have a bank account verified. I recommend going to your Square Dashboard > Account & Settings > Business > Transfers to see this. You may need to click the drop-down menu in the top, left of your screen to change locations. That should stop the requests if you link your bank there. 🙂 

Otherwise, you can deactivate this location under Locations, also in Account & Settings.

AshleyK
Message 36 of 46

Can I talk to not a robot

Message 37 of 46

Hi @Scotty0604 You can reach out directly to Customer Success at [Redacted]. Please keep in mind, you will need a customer code to get an advocate on the phone. Here is the link to get that code: squ.re/contactsqsupport

AshleyK
Message 38 of 46

So know one can help me?

Message 39 of 46

i am having problem with linking my account

Message 40 of 46
Alumni

Hi @metty this thread didn't help? 

Justin
Message 41 of 46

no one has access to my square but me. Email tells me io need to fill out account confirmation form. Where can i find it

Message 42 of 46