x

Linktree Donation

I had a Customer purchase via my online store and also made a Donation via Linktree Square integration. I didn’t know till the customer sent myself a message asking if I received the Donation I didn’t even know I received and note they done as well. 

So after speaking to Square help and checking transactions the donation transaction was made without myself knowing.

Definitely needs to be a notification or email knowing when a customer makes a donation so we can thank them or something. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @SramaRugbyLeagu,

Thanks for reaching out!

If your customers are making a donation via Linktree, in this case you might want to check that you're receiving Linktree email notifications correctly. This integration sets Square as the payment portal, but is managed by Linktree, so regardless of who you can connected as a payment processor, payments made on a Linktree site would have notifications managed on their side. You might find email settings in your Linktree account to address this, or you can check out their troubleshooting article here.

On the Square end you can set your account to email you every time you receive a new payment run through Square, however turning this on will mean you'll receive an email notification for every payment you take anywhere - this setting doesn't consider what platform the payment was originally made on.

If you can't work out things on the Linktree side, another good option would be to regularly check your online dashboard transaction reporting - the payment methods report and your transaction list should both indicate where payments are coming from. Hope this helps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

How do I get e-commerce website 

PS SITHOLE
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Cosmicdrive36, I am happy to assist! You can use this link to sign up for your Square Online Store. 

To get started with Square Online:

1. From your online Square Dashboard, go to eCommerce > Online.

2. Select Start for free.

3. Choose to either set up a single ordering page or a multi-page website. Select Next to continue.

4. Choose your business and fulfillment types to import your items and start creating your website

I hope this helps! If you have further questions please me know. 

Message 4 of 4