x

Multiple locations

What can you do to separate locations and view individual sales 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @CoCos! That's a great question and I have a solution for you. 

Have you had a chance a second location for your business on the Square Dashboard? If not, I recommend checking out this article on how to Manage Multiple Locations with Square

Once you have an additional location it will automatically track all sales processed through that location. 

Message 2 of 5

Hi all

We are a non-profit society, and are using Square to sell swag, memeberships, etc. at our events and online. We are a province wide organization. We have one central Chapter with 8 sub-regions. Our goal is to track accounting by these Regions. Also, to note, we use one bank account. We like the idea of Teams, because it allows our Chapter Board to give specific permissions for Regional volunteers...BUT we have been reading about Locations and how we could use Tags to show where something was purchased or sold, etc. 

When we tried to set up a Location, it didn't really allow us to add tags - and when we did a test purchase, it looked the same as usual. 

Are there any other non-profit groups that can advise? 

Thanks!

BC  Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

PS... we cannot afford to pay any add on costs as we are a non-profit

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Hey @BCBHA - With Square's multi-locations, the tag identifier is only used to differentiate transfers on your bank statement in case you link a different bank account to each one. It's not used to differentiate sales processed by your employees. Team Plus does that for you with a 4-digit passcode assigned to your employees

Payments are separated and reported under a specific location automatically when signed in to your POS device under that location.  

More on managing locations on this thread I moved you to. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Hi @JustinC 

Okay, I have had a chance to try and figure this out. I set up a Location for each of my Regional groups, and now I want to give access to one or two people from each of those Regions to be able to add/delete items to their Location only. How do I do that? I have looked at purchasing the Team Plus subscription for $45/month (we can afford that), but would it actually be $450/month because we could have up to 10 Regions/Locations (we cannot afford that)? Not sure if 'Locations' means the same in your pricing.

Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 5